sport ... hhmmmmm
Jan 22, 2003, 13:06
Is it in the next Olympics?
lobsterboy
lobsterboy
54 posts

Re: Oh,thanks
Jan 22, 2003, 13:07
I couldn't agree more - the only problem is that my Kids don't agree with me. They like the hunt - whilst I enjoy the situation and my other passion of Landscape photography.
lobsterboy
lobsterboy
54 posts

Re: sport ... hhmmmmm
Jan 22, 2003, 13:09
Yup,

It's going to be approved just after Mountainering gets approved ;)
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Oh,thanks
Jan 22, 2003, 13:11
well there, that's the youth of today, can't entertain themselves without an expensive toy.
In my day we were ecstatic when we got a tangerine, etc.

I dunno. Kids could have a kite. Or a dog. Or a gameboy. Or start a shrieking competition. Or leave them in the car with the window slightly open.

Sorry, I'm sure lots of people have the same difficulties. Especially if it's raining.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 13:13
Probably more entertaining than watching a marathon!
lobsterboy
lobsterboy
54 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 13:15
going completly off topic...

Wern't they going to approve Ballroom dancing at one time? Now that's what I call sport :)
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 13:17
but you can't deny watching the walking races isn't amusing (for a short time)
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Why not?
Jan 22, 2003, 13:19
I've got some great pics of churches that have incorporated neolithic stone.
Alton Priors church had two sarcens in the floor which are accessable by trapdoors.
Yatesbury seems to be built on the remains of a sarcen circle.
Maybe its time that TMA did include churches.
Worth thinking about?
PeteG
(When at Yatesbury next look for a little army box with a chopped up Geocacher inside :)
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

WTF!?!
Jan 22, 2003, 13:20
Crikey! I'm on *very* limited web access for the next few days, so I've only just caught up with all this activity...

This GeoCaching thing don't half sound like littering to me, but then that's my opinion, so no need for a lengthy reply telling me why it's not, I'll not be changing my mind on this! If you're willing to abuse other folks websites by posting banner adverts etc., what's to say to us that you don't abuse the countryside?

On another note, which nobody else seems to have mentioned, why the sudden interest in TMA from a load of 'cachers'? How come NightCacherPid and NightCacherDan show up on the same site, on the same day, and are all surprised at having bumped into each other? Until today I'd never heard of GeoCachers, now it seems like we can't move for 'em!!! I really hope there's no-one directing you folk here...
Kaipaith
27 posts

Re: WTF!?!
Jan 22, 2003, 13:29
At least as far as I'm concerned, not at all.

If I hadn't happened to have noticed the forum message pertaining to Geocaching, I wouldn't have even started posting here, but rather have just used the website instead.

Bad timing, I guess.

Oh, and it's not littering. See the Cache In-Trash Out part of the website.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index