Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pagan Dawn
Pagan Dawn
65 posts

Re: GeoCaching
Jan 22, 2003, 12:03
Aahhhh, i get it now.
Feck off you loosers.
A GPS is what my dad uses to help him to stop sailing towards Denmark when he heads off to Devon.
If i see you round ere with yer blummin old buckets i'll have yer !!!

humph.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:05
indeed PG, what is going on? More to this than meets the eye I suspect. Mr McGrail doesn't normally react like that without very good reason.

Odd about the churches thang too - what made anyone think that TMA was a place to put pix of churches?? Is it a genuine mistake? If so I would have thought to forgive, forget and delete would be the course of action.

I must admit I'm intruiged - spill the beans Holes!

Squiddo
x
moey
moey
770 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:05
Think that's for the best Holy McG. Don't fancy the idea of turning up at sites and finding some great bloody bucket full of all sorts of nonsense slap bang in the middle.

From their site....

"Unless there's a note in the cache containing instructions on moving it to a new location, don't move the cache! Responsible cache owners check on their caches occasionally and would be alarmed to find theirs missing."

So they could leave it there indefinitely. No thanks. Why can't they play games that don't involve leaving crap everywhere over the countryside
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:10
If it didn't needlessly increase their web site's hit count I'd say take a look at the site and see for yourself, Squid.

My verdict: Gadget armed litterers playing treasure hunt. But you must make your own mind up.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:14
I've had a look 4Ws. I don't agree with the idea of it at all, but I just wondered why Mr McG had steamed in there so quickly - I guess from something else you've said that they've been cluttering up TMA with plugs for their game or summat.
moey
moey
770 posts

Bloody Hell!!!!
Jan 22, 2003, 12:15
There's blinkin hundreds of em in the UK

http://www.geocaching.com/map/uk.asp

Looks like your still in a position to defend Ireland tho 4W - think snakes - keep em out.

Moey
I knew I should have gone into the bucket trade.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:15
Yup.
Pagan Dawn
Pagan Dawn
65 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:19
Yeah,Teasure Hunt with buckets of nerdy "im-so- fuckin-clever-i put this bucket on top of Stonehenge for you to find with your life saving maritme equipment",instead of a pink label and Aneaka Rice.

Thats about it.

Pagan Dawn8o)

ps,yeesss,i know thats not all that the GP system is used for ,but there you go,i just used it as an example.
Kaipaith
27 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 12:19
Like I say, I've been doing this for a year, and I've never come across a cache in a bucket.

Most caches are Ammo Boxes (that sounds bad, I know, but bear with me) - not only are these boxes usually Camo green, but they are usually also siuated in public areas, yet where the public doesn't normally go... and well hidden.

You don't *have* to leave something, but if you do it should always be inside the cache.
moey
moey
770 posts

F***!!!!!
Jan 22, 2003, 12:20
according to the map there's one about 2 miles from my house on Dod Law - if they've done anything to the Rock Carvings GRRRRRRRR!

It was put there by Walker Dan - he's not on here is he?

F*** Me and another one at Blawearie (Old Bewick. Mmmmm I gotta investigate this

I've decided - "I don't Like This Game"
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index