Unexplained uneasy feeling

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: From : Colin Wilson - Strange Talents
Jul 04, 2011, 18:20
BTW Colin had a stroke recently but is apparently on the mend .
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2011, 18:39
Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 04, 2011, 18:24
A black stream, or pehaps the lingering accumalitive negative psychic energy on that particular spot that was accessesed by your ability to perceive it. It's very common, suprisingly. Stone, as a material, is particularly absorbent of lingering heightened emotional/psychic energy and this can defintely produce/re-create/or give access to, someone who is psychicaly 'open', regardless if they are aware of the ability or not. It may be fleeting, but we are talking interactive Primal Energy forces here.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Jul 04, 2011, 19:01
Years ago at Robin Hoods Stride, Derbyshire 3 of us went to view the hermits cave, Stone circle etc . . . and went with cameras and maps. On reaching the stones all 3 of experienced a common feeling of dread and anxiety and decided today wasnt a good day . . . on returning to the car my friend Martin suddenly yelped as he discovered the batteries inside the camera had reached a very hot temperature and were burning him through his coat. We ejected the batteries and discovered they were intensely hot to the point of buring off the Every Ready graphics !!!
We returned to the car quite shocked and very weirded out by the experience and wasnt until many years later that Welbourn Tekh from SOTCL introduced me to the concept of "Depression Banks"

Very odd earth energies around that place that ive experienced whenever i return there.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Jul 04, 2011, 19:11
An account from : T.C.Lethbridge

Passing the witch's cottage, he experienced a 'nasty feeling', a suffocating sense of dep-ression. With a scientist's curiousity, he walked around the cottage, and noticed an interest-ing thing. He could step into the depression and then out of it again, just as if it was some kind of an invisible wall.
The depression reminded Lethbridge of something that had happened when he was a teenager. He and his mother had gone for a walk in the Great Wood near Wokingham. It was a lovely morning; yet quite suddenly both of them experienced 'a horrible feeling of gloom and depression, which crept upon us like a blanket of fog over the surface of the sea'. They hurried away, agreeing that it was something terrible and inexplicable. Afew days later, the corpse of a suicide was found a few yards from the spot where they had been standing, hidden by some bushes.
About a year after the death of the witch, another strange experience gave Tom the clue he was looking for. On a damp January afternoon, he and Mina drove down to Ladram Bay to collect seaweed for her gar-den. As Lethbridge stepped on to the beach, he once again experienced the feeling of gloom and fear, like a blanket of fog descend-ing upon him. Mina wandered off along the beach while Tom filled the sacks with sea-weed. Suddenly she came hurrying back, saying: 'Let's go. I can't stand this place a minute longer. There's something frightful here.'
The next day, they mentioned what had happened to Mina's brother he said he also had experienced the same kind of thing in a field near Avebury, in Wiltshire. The word 'field' made something connect in Tom's brain- he remembered that field telephones often short-circuit in warm, muggy weather. 'What was the weather like?' he asked. 'Warm and damp, said the brother.
An idea was taking shape. Water. . . .could that be the key? It had been warm and damp on Ladram beach. The following weekend, they set out for Ladram Bay a second time. Again, as they stepped on to the beach, both walked into the same bank of depression - or 'ghoul' as Lethbridge called it. Mina led Tom to the far end of the beach, to the place she had been sitting when she had been overwhelmed by the strange feel-ing. Here it was so strong that it made them feel giddy - Lethbridge described it as the feeling you get when you had a high tem-perature and are full of drugs. On either side of them were two small streams.
Mina wandered off to look at the scenery from the top of the cliff. Suddenly, she walked into the depression again. Moreover, she had an odd feeling, as if someone - or something - was urging her to jump over. She went and fetched Tom, who agreed that the spot was just as sinister as the place down on the seashore below.
Now he needed only one more piece of the jigsaw puzzle, and he found it - but only years later. Nine years after the first known experiences of depression were felt on those cliffs a man did commit suicide there. Lethbridge wondered whether the 'ghoul' was a feeling so intense that it had become timeless and imprinted itself on the area, casting its baleful shadow on those who stood there.
Whether from the past or from the future the feelings of despair were 'recorded' on the surroundings - but how?
The key, Lethbridge believed, was water. As an archaeologist, he had always been mildly interested in dowsing and water - divining. The dowser walks along with a forked hazel twig held in his hands, and when he stands above running water, the muscles in his hands and arms convulse and the twig bends either up or down. How does it work? Professor Y Rocard of the Sorbonne dis-covered that underground water produces changes in the earth's magnetic field and that is what the dowser's muscles respond to. The water does this because it has a field of its own, which interacts with the earth's field.
Significantly, magnetic fields are the means by which sound is recorded on tape covered with iron oxide. Suppose the magnetic field of running water can also record strong emotions - which after all, are basi-cally electrical activities in the human brain and body? such fields could well be strongest in damp and muggy weather.
postman
848 posts

Jul 05, 2011, 09:04
Barbrook 1

It was an early morning (as it usually is when I'm stone hunting) about ten years ago, I was rapidly working my way through the big orange book/bible, and it was the barbrook trios turn.
I was on my own with only my mountain bike, and my camera.
I was sitting with my back to one of the larger stones facing into the circle looking away from the road and off across the moors, I had been there about ten minutes when slowly an uneasy feeling took me over, it was the first time it had happened in adult life, and I was only mildly freaked out, so I continued to sit.
Then for no reason other than I just had to, I looked behind me, about a hundred yards away was an old man in a long brown coat carrying two plastic bags . He was about a hundred yards from the road and was walking in the direction from across the moor, where did he come from? I thought, and why doesnt he use the pavement by the road, surely that would be easier.

I turned my attention back to the stones, or tried to, the uneasy feeling was growing, it felt as though something bad had happened here, that something was looking at me with disdain, I did not feel welcome.
Five more minutes and I just had to go, I jumped on the bike and raced off down the path, missing out Barbrook 2 in favour of the further Barbrook 3.
All seemed fine at the smaller stone circle, I was elated to have found such a wispy site, amongst the dark forbidding moor. The bad feeling had gone, so much that I felt I could try and find Barbrook 2, so I did.
On my way back to the car, I had to pass the stone circle that weirded me out so much, I felt like a child passing a supposed haunted house.
It was a long time till I plucked up the courage to go back, this time it was afternoon and I had the whole family for support (but they didnt know that)
Wiggy
1696 posts

Jul 05, 2011, 10:11
I do remember visiting Kenidjack some years back, and the place was literally "buzzing" and vibrating around me! I hadn't ingested anything psychedelic that day, and could see no obvious natural explanation (although I don't rule this out at all). It wasn't "nasty" as such, although I was initially uneasy about the experience. I just had the feeling to treat the place with respect.
I stayed and had a lovely day.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 05, 2011, 14:54
[quote="Sanctuary"]

Maybe it's me but I had another experience once but certainly not a frightening one but again it involved a dog.
I competed in competitive Obedience for some 30 years with my Border Collies and was quite successful. We went to a show near London which was alongside the Thames. In the lunch break we were invited to a fellow competitors bungalow alongside the river. On the way back to the showground along the towpath the ladies were chatting away so I decided to get a wriggle on and go ahead because I had my Jaff with me who was only 6 months of age and it was the first time he was allowed onto a showground.
I went through the gated entrance to the showground (it was a rugby club) and headed in the direction where the Obedience rings were and all the competitors were gathering. As I got closer two people came out of the crowd and were walking toward us. Jaff, just being a friendly puppy, ran to greet them but I was horrified to see him jump up on this womans hooped dress (yes a hooped dress!). Running over to him while at the same time apologising I was then able to see the two people clearly. I thought they must have been going to a fancy dress party because the lady had this crinilean (sp) dress on that hooped right out at the bottom. She had face skin like china with very dark eyes and was wearing a bonnet type thing on her head. The bloke looked like a butler wearing one of those black suits with tails and a winged collar to his shirt.
Anyway without further ado, the 'lady' lifted up her hooped dress to the front and knelt down so that Jaff she could cuddle Jaff. I'd reached her by then and Jaff was sat in front of her and she was holding his head by its sides in her hands and looking intently into his eyes. She looked up and said to me...'I don't know what you are going to do with this dog but whatever it is he will reach the very top as he is 'special'. Take good care of him as he will open many doors for you and everyone will know of him.'

Now the spooky bit. Are you ready?

By now my wife Lyn and the couple we had lunched with were right behind me so I turned and said, 'Come and listen to what this lady is saying about Jaff.

'What lady' she said, and when I turned around there was nobody there!! They had vanished! For once in my like I was speechless. I wasn't frightened just totally mystified. Lyn had a good laugh and made the usual comments like 'I want what he had to drink' but I spent the rest of the day going from person to person that I knew on the showground asking if anyone had seen this couple as they had emerged from within the crowd. The 'butler' never said a word but was very pastie faced and I assumed he was wearing face make-up to go with his costume.

That's it. I'll never forget it but it has never bothered me. But I know it happened.

Jaff went on to reach the top and competed in Championship C. He was a stunning Border Collie and a very rare one as he was pure-bred yet gold and white. Through him I got introduced to many top people which in turn lead to introductions to 'names' in the sheepdog trialling world that I had always wanted to be a part of. My first of 8 books I had published on the bloodlines of the Border Collie featured Jaff and by so doing everyone got to know of him. In his 15th year he sired a dog called Flynn (Jaffson Black Magic) who was to place joint first in the 2009 Obedience World Cup at Crufts.

Jaff took his last breath in my arms at 18 years of age after never having a days illness in his life and lies peacefully in our garden . He really was my special boy.

Sorry to ramble but that's how it was and again something I will never forget.

Roy
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jul 05, 2011, 15:11
Ach! Great story Roy...
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jul 05, 2011, 16:02
Ghosts.. Do they exist? well people have told me they have seen them. Up on Lansdown, there is a lot of history, bronze age cemetery, iron age fort, roman coffins and the site of the Civil War battle, the battlefields stretches across the edge of the downs overlooking the Bristol Plain.
Moss and I maybe have seen a ghost up here.. we were walking early morning up along the track (about 6) in the fog, a dark figure started to appear coming towards us, Moss went completely hysterical and my heart pounded as well, out of the fog came a figure completely fitted out in a Scottish outfit, even to a funny 'cockaded' hat he passed and just said good morning, and that was it; was it a ghost I don't know... but someone who had the 'eye' for such things saw a wounded Civil War soldier making for Bath along that same bit of track..
Further down the road at Dyrham, (Rhiannon will know where I'm talking about) around the walled lane at the back, a friend on a motorbike at night, saw a man strangely dressed in 19th century clothes with gartered legs and a bag walking along the lane, when he turned the motorbike round (out of curiosity) the man had disappeared...
The puzzle is why don't we see prehistoric ghosts ;)

Moss had a similar experience at Stoney Littleton barrow, refused to go in, and howled outside piteously but then decided that death with me inside the barrow was better than being left alone and eventually came in and settled down.....
wideford
1086 posts

Jul 05, 2011, 16:03
Littlestone wrote:
Ach! Great story Roy...

the truth often is, confounding the everyday
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index