Unexplained uneasy feeling

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GLADMAN
950 posts

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 06, 2011, 22:30
Littlestone wrote:
I believe that if it occurs on this planet it must be of this planet...

Not sure I entirely agree with that. Quantum physics is way beyond me but listening to those who’ve got a handle on it, and their talk of (eleven?) dimensions, kinda puts everything into the ‘anything goes from anywhere’ basket... including ghosts (for want of a better word ;-)

If anyone can put up the evidence for new elements, fair enough. I'm waiting. If not........
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Jul 06, 2011, 23:35
tjj wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tjj wrote:

by the time we got there I was wet, cold, hungry and dying for a wee.

Dying for a wee what June....a dram? :D

A wee dram would have been very acceptable on that occasion Roy ... and sorry for lowering the tone.

There is no such thing as a wee dram. Sacrilege!
Resonox
604 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 04:53
Strange how only some people get this eerie feeling and refuse to enter into sites....whilst their companions carry on undaunted...I still think its a learned response instead of an actual sense...or perhaps a claustrophobic reaction as someone pointed out. I know several people who wouldn't enter into a ring of stones if there were horses there(even 1 horse)....and certainly a lot more if there was an abundance of spiders. Perhaps the mere thought of something like birds, spiders or rats in an enclosed monument, would be enough for some even though none were evident.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 06:15
Resonox wrote:
Strange how only some people get this eerie feeling and refuse to enter into sites....whilst their companions carry on undaunted...I still think its a learned response instead of an actual sense...or perhaps a claustrophobic reaction as someone pointed out. I know several people who wouldn't enter into a ring of stones if there were horses there(even 1 horse)....and certainly a lot more if there was an abundance of spiders. Perhaps the mere thought of something like birds, spiders or rats in an enclosed monument, would be enough for some even though none were evident.

With my experience Resonox it involved two dogs which didn't appear to be affected by anything until reaching the end of the path where the two standing stones were, unlike myself that felt uneasy soon after entering the trackway. So, taking your line of thought, my 'learned response' occured before theirs which is interesting in itself don't you think?
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 10:37
If anyone can put up the evidence for new elements, fair enough. I'm waiting. If not........

Well, that is something scientific research endeavours to do all the time (put up new evidence) based on the ideas, theories, mathematics etc of others. Because the evidence is not (yet) there for something is not proof that that ‘something’ does not exist.

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...”

:-)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 10:53
Littlestone wrote:
Because the evidence is not (yet) there for something is not proof that that ‘something’ does not exist.

Or that it does. That's just as important Horatio.

;)
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2011, 11:22
Jul 07, 2011, 11:17
Sanctuary wrote:
Resonox wrote:

With my experience Resonox it involved two dogs which didn't appear to be affected by anything until reaching the end of the path where the two standing stones were, unlike myself that felt uneasy soon after entering the trackway. So, taking your line of thought, my 'learned response' occured before theirs which is interesting in itself don't you think?

A very old property that I lived in as a child in Wicklow, Ireland had numerous instances of unexplained phenomena including apparitions. There was actually an ancient burial chamber within the grounds. We had a number of dogs who reacted in an unsettled and distressed manner, bristling and growing etc at locations/ 'spots' around the property, and just before certain occurrences, as if detecting some presence that we couldn't.This began on the day we moved in and hadn't yet personally noticed or witnessed anything unusual ourselves whatsoever.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 11:39
Littlestone wrote:

Well, that is something scientific research endeavours to do all the time (put up new evidence) based on the ideas, theories, mathematics etc of others. Because the evidence is not (yet) there for something is not proof that that ‘something’ does not exist.

:-)

Exactly. Well said.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 11:47
Littlestone wrote:

That quote is so all encompassing you can simply repeat as a response prefaces with an and i.e. same to you . It applies to us all not only Horatio .
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 07, 2011, 12:48
nigelswift wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Because the evidence is not (yet) there for something is not proof that that ‘something’ does not exist.

Or that it does. That's just as important Horatio.

;)

You've got him in a half-Nelson there Nigel :D

Alright I'm going now!!
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index