40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Highlight of 2010
Dec 24, 2010, 16:15
goffik wrote:
Ooh, I was thinking of visiting Cornwall in a few MONTHS' time rather than a few hours! :D

Tough call though: Cornwall or Orkney? I'd be perfectly happy in either to be honest, but given a choice, and unlimited means, Orkney would be my dream destination... :) And that's saying summat, cos I bloody LOVE Cornwall!

We found this amazing converted barn in (yet another) Trethevy - this time near St Austell - one February. Not being exactly peak season, we got it at a snip! £25 a night between 4 of us! Being February, we nearly didn't get there at all, cos we drove most of the way in blizzard conditions and the roads were frightening! The barn had a wood burner in the enormous living room, which was the MOST welcome sight I've ever seen! We got there at midnight. The owner had waited for us and put the kettle on. The second most welcome sight ever. ;) As an Emmett ;) Cornwall in winter is just as special, but in so many different ways, as summer. Spring and Autumn are pretty special too! :)

We don't mind a bit of cold - we just wrap up warmer! The kids, however, won't have any of it. :D

G x

My advice...get yourself to Orkney ASAP first if money and time will allow. I went three years ago in June...and thought I was back in Cornwall as the weather was so bad...but it was BRILLIANT!! Your three year old will love the self-pull trolley ride into the Tomb of the Eagles, in fact that's all he'll do while you're inside looking around! LOL
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index