Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Time Team R.I.P. ?
Jan 08, 2010, 18:21
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
I would edit spelling mistakes but don't know how 1)spell .2)edit .

I've got the link to work now in my original post, one of those online books.

I don't think you make spelling mistakes Tiompan - they just look like the sort of simple typos I make all the time. Finding out how to edit was a double edged sword for me and after a recent hiccup I now try not to do it too often. Its easy to do if you need to though - log into 'head to head' (on the yellow bar) with your usual user ID and password - select the post you want to edit, click on 'edit' then resend after you've made any changes.

June

Thanks June ,I'll print it out and keep it handy . yep typos not spilling .
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 18:33
StoneGloves wrote:
I guess it might be worth downloading one or two back editions of Time Team - theone on the island hut settlement stands out. Have a look for a CoasttoCoast broadcast about microwaves - it's quite worrying. Never mind Timewatch - what's that extinct American cowboy show with Ian McShane called? (It's not Torchwood). There's three series 'up there' - they'd take a few coffees to download!

Deadwood
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 18:36
tiompan wrote:
I would edit spelling mistakes but don't know how 1)spell .2)edit .

Can't help much with 1), but for 2) editing has to be done via the Head Heritage interface.
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 18:50
That's it!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 19:02
And very good it was too.
Branwen
824 posts

Edited Jan 08, 2010, 19:09
Jan 08, 2010, 19:06
Island hut settlements being a show on Crannogs I've missed? Or huts on islands?

Dunno which series Ian McShane did but will google it.

I was reading this fella Graham Hancock. site (you may say he's an idiot not worth reading) on the underwater archaeology around India. Says there's evidence to say that the Vedas might be more historical than legendary, as things they are finding are mentioned in the Vedas.
http://www.grahamhancock.com/underworld/underworld5.php

Scotland is higher because of bounce back after the ice, but the seas rose when the ice melted too didn't they? I remember watching a show about Scotland where they said the coastline disappeared at a rate of two metres per year. Doggerland under the North Sea often throws up good finds, I think Time Team did a show on that too.
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 20:13
Watch out for Deadwood as it has a lot of swearing in it. The Time Team programme on a crannog is out there, somewhere. It was repeated in a best of review, which was when I saw it. Graham Hancock is spot-on with his underwater archaeology. Most of that has been posted as Underworld (pts 1, 2 & 3).
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 20:15
You might argue that it was NYPD Blue, in ancient dress. A pity about the concluding film, or films, which never made it.
Gwass
193 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 23:40
Hi Branwen

There's 2 Time Team shows about crannogs. One is a special about Loch Tay and the other is a cracking epsiode filmed on the shores of Loch Migdale. They find a henge and a toppled standing stone which was aligned to the setting sun and a notch in the hills.

They also rediscover the spot where the bronze age Migdale hoard was found. They're both watchable on 4OD and others are on you tube. Well worth downloading
faerygirl
412 posts

Jan 08, 2010, 23:49
But the land between Scotland and Ireland was above sea level during the Iceage, and there are partial stone circles on some scottish islands where the rest is (supposedly) in the sea.
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index