London »
WYRD WALKS

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wyrd Brother
13 posts

Re: WYRD WALKS
Jul 22, 2004, 05:08
>When I first read your initial post I thought, "Ey-up, we have a right one 'ere" :-) but it seems that >this is not the case.

Well thanks, I think :) My motivation in this is complex, my heart is basically with a kind of Discordian Psychogeographic stance with no time for New Ageism (though I can translate into their strange language if necessary), and this mediates between a creative streak which likes to re-enchant and transform the image of the City into something some of us find more aesthetic, while on the other hand a more sceptical intellectual agenda from my Philosophy of Science background requires something a little more 'convincing' and 'real'. I struggle to reconcile these most of the time :) I dislike both 'true believers' and 'know it all skeptics' in equal measure. And have a tendency to react in the opposite extreme when I encounter them.

I genuinely believe there's something going on with all this stuff, but the rest is theory (just like any science really). One scientific test I might try (shhhhh this is private to this group) is to get walkers to dowse the 'real' leys (which so far has produced impressive results), but then ask them to dowse for a 'ley' I've made up, and see how the results differ :)))

Shame that RiotGibbon characters not around, read some of his postings, he sounds a dude....
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index