WYRD WALKS

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Humour me
Jul 21, 2004, 15:39
Bob always seems to have his head screwwed on.

>> "I'm not suggesting that the city of London was designed geomantically in the manner that
>> I've heard Rome was, when I think about it. More that the sacred landscape/whateveryoucallit
>> that was there before London has influenced London's development."

Shirley that's totally different - and probably a more valid case anyway :-)

I can not really accept that because another (ancient) culture planned one or two cities using geomantic (?) principles that a much later one would do the same in London.

Thinking about it I reckon I could come up with similar ideas about Dublin. In fact I know a street where the sun sets straight down it on the equinoxes. To compound the theory the sun sets behind a passage tomb on one of the Dublin Mountains (the north end of the Wicklow Mountains that just happens to be in County Dublin - to me they're all the Wicklow Mountains). Unfortunately, this part of Dublin was apple orchards 200 years ago - I have 1798 & 1693 maps of Dublin. Not a road in sight. The road is new and the alignment simply a very nice coincidence.

Anyway, by way of diversion, how old is the Pentagram as a recorded western sacred symbol? It's not something I've looked into, so I don't have a clue. Saying that, the Irish five-stone stone circles ....
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index