London »
WYRD WALKS

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wyrd Brother
13 posts

Re: WYRD WALKS
Jul 20, 2004, 22:23
The London Stone is a little sad looking today. But worth a mention just for the Jack Cade story.

The Pentagram is interesting to me solely because its been built up over the centuries, in a way that indicates shared knowledge. Though much of it is an astronomical alignment. Its refreshing to think we dont have to go to Stonehenge to witness a Midsummer alignment we can just walk down the Strand! A reenchatment. Though all my calculations are from astronomical calculations and I've yet to visit the sites on the actual days of the supposed correlation.

One odd thing is that the Midsummer City alignment seems to be geared to a Midsummer sunset and the Midwinter one to a Midwinter sunrise. Though I think thats in line (excuse the pun) with current theories about Stonehenge?

The walks are certainly well researched, though seperating the signal from the new age noise is hard. But then it is as much about 'myth and legend' as it is about 'fact and history', assuming
the dividing line is that well defined :) As for presentation, I'm more into informality and feedback than amatuer dramatics lol.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index