energy grid ?

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: energy grid ?
Sep 06, 2003, 00:01
Seems like life is too short for proper punctuation and capital letters as well.

Everyone has heard of Einstein's famous equation e=mc^2, which is a great pity. It means that they can kidnap a quantum physical concept that they don't truly understand and apply it with complete abandon to everyday objects like stones. Suddenly anything with mass has "energy", but this is no longer just ordinary energy; no, this is some different kind of "magical" energy that no one but the enlightened few can possibly comprehend.

Get real. If you really think there is something in you ideas then design an experiment to demonstrate it in a way that can be independantly verified. Don't just make it up and then expect others to take you seriously.
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 00:05
"No dowser has ever said it was easier nude!"

Hmmm... I haven't tried that. I suspect nobody else has either. Interesting idea, though. I'm sure a TV company would like to cover the story, especially if we could find some buxom female dowsers to join in. ;-)
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 06:01
And if yuo fancy doing it at Thornborough we could have double bubble!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 09:16
"Do we need to know why something works ..."

Yes. Because until you can explain something it has no credibility, especially as dowsing doesn't work every time (depending on what you look for).

Geophys works if you use the right method in the right conditions.

I did a lot of work on resistivity (it was originally deveoped to find corrosion in pipelines). This method gets worse in wet weather, because the water acts as a superconductor.

The magnetic stuff is great for when you are nowhere near power lines.

Ground penetrating radar is very unreliable.

Steve, I would like to see the experiment you witnessed tested without the copper wire. I would say it would reveal the same results. The heat from the light is enough to change the surface of the gound, which would alter its resistivity. If the hole was small enough to produce a narrow beam than this would have the effect of producing a line across the field. The copper wire would add nothing. Also, it should be tried with a wooden bar. The copper is conductive and so would play tricks with magnetics. Wood would produce a shadow.

I'm not dismissing your experience totally, I can just see holes in it that need looking into.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Too much to ask?
Sep 06, 2003, 09:27
Yes it is. Sorry, but you're asking me to have blind faith in something which you can not show the existence of. You sound like a priest! Are you the Pope?

See my posts below for my acceptance of dowsing and why.

In fact dowser who go on about mumbo-jumbo are exactly like priests come to think of it. It's a trick. One of the oldest tricks in the book actually. Hide your job behind mystique so others think you have powers. It sells books too.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

80%
Sep 06, 2003, 09:28
With what level of accuracy? Within how many years?
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Doing a Deveraux
Sep 06, 2003, 11:10
Whaddya mean?

Piezo-electrics and all that? What's wrong with Deveraux? Dubious use of statistical analysis and some old mining maps is a great way to go
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 11:13
Nude Dowsing? I'm up for photographing that!
Get yer rods out girls!
Lads can do 3 prong dowsing ;)
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Avenue stones swirls
Sep 06, 2003, 11:16
We have released two swirls of ley energy from the new beckhampton avenue stones and one has headed off
towards Cerne Abbas and the other to the Long Man of
Wilmington.
We are calling them the 'George & Mildred' lines.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Dowsing drains
Sep 06, 2003, 11:44
Drainage pipes must be easy, I managed to find one and I wasn't even trying to dowse.
Whilst appreciating all the thoughts about the Earth's magnetic field, I'm sure that the answer to "How does it happen" is as much inside the skull as outside. I don't mean it's in the imagination, just that Science doesn't know half as much as it thinks it does about how the human central nervous system interacts with it's electro-magnetic environment.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index