energy grid ?

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: energy grid ?
Sep 07, 2003, 22:24
In my personal twisted view, the energy is still there, it just moves around differently.
If you wanted to reppair the damage, you'd have to put all the coal and metal back in the mines. Then wait a couple of generations for people to be born who weren't born into a world with e.m. fields all over the shop.

And whilst you're at it, why not make sure the whole solar system is moved back by a few millenia in it's travels through space.

Sorry if that sounds cruddy, but I hate it when good toys get broken.
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Sep 07, 2003, 22:30
Wow! I'm going to use that!

Cheers
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Sep 07, 2003, 22:33
Fuckin' Ell', you've been watching those old bloody John Mills Quatermass programmes. What's supposed to happen when the 'grid' is put back in place??? free spiritual energy for all?

I'm with 4W, dowsing is more than likely down to magnetic/electromagnetic disturbance rather than heat enery. Flowing water creates an small 'ionised' field, surely if it's flowing undrground, through a particular type of rock (say mica rich granite) it's capable of creating a small electrical charge which we can sense (the same way electromagnetic fields applied to certain areas of the brain make us feel uncomfortable, or 'see' presences/ghosts or whatever you wish to call them). Mind you, standing waves/infrasound have a similar effect on 'entity creation' or so I read.
How can dowsing give a 'date' of an object??? and exactly how accurate is it? to within 1 year or 50 or 500? Surely those doing the dating have some experience or interest in what they are asked to date, helping in the 'accuracy'. Are they 'blind tested' on objects...ie, pottery or metal from various time fields, or given a bunch of 'associated' objects from a given time period? Just a few random thoughts on the matter.
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Sep 07, 2003, 23:15
As I understand it M the dating was purely doen to period - Roman, Saxon etc. I've never dowsed myself so don't ask me, but as I said, she passed my simple test and I don't think it's as simple as magnetics etc.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Sep 07, 2003, 23:37
Do they get to handle the items, can they see them, or do they just dowse over them whilst having a good shufty at them??
And how accurate was accurate?? 1 year, 50 years 100 years etc..?
Dunno, i still think it's most likely to be subtle detection of a magnetic anomoly rather than anything else from what I've read. I've no doubt dowsing works identifying water courses etc (indeed there's a guy in Wales who makes a living finding boreholes for farmers, so obviously it works to some degree) ... still haven't seen conclusive evidence of it used for finding hidden/buried stones etc... and still not convinced about dating objects, call me a sceptic but... : )
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

You're a skeptic
Sep 08, 2003, 07:05
Join the club :-)

The thing is I think I could actually prove dowsing to be the result of magntic disturbance. I am not necessarily saying it is the only cause, I just think it's the major cause, especially for water divining etc.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: You're a skeptic
Sep 08, 2003, 18:56
Damn found out, and i was trying to be reasonable too!!

Yeah, I'm deffo with you on the magnetics, think i even saw a TV programme many moons ago that said as much, though i forget the science behind the phenomenon.

Anyow, I'd still like to hear what ole' Austin Mc Sherry (apt name too) thinks will happen when this 'energy grid' is reinstated : )
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 08, 2003, 19:12
I'm thinking maybe if we were to respond more positively to new people on the forum, rather than use them as target practice for confirmed skeptics?

Surely a debate (sorry FW) is better than a shooting range?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 08, 2003, 20:11
You're quite right. I still think I started it off quite nicely. It just went downhill from there :-)
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Sep 08, 2003, 20:51
I agree. As a new boy I think that I have been treated kindly and my errors corrected with humour and good will. Forum debate seems healthy and robust to me and that's how it should be. No hard feelings when we disagree.

Only thing is that I think you should really sort out your submission guidelines re timespan. The only indications of period that I can see in the guidelines is "Spare us the Norman church".. and a reference to "prehistoric landscape". I suppose that should be enough if you consider that history starts with the Romans. So why have Sutton Hoo, turf mazes and hill figures (plural)? Perhaps a little tightening up is needed as you have all sorts of post Roman stuff floating around. Your scope is whatever you want it to be and I am happy to play by the rules when I know what they are. I don't think newcomers really want to waste your time and theirs by posting inappropriate stuff.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index