energy grid ?

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: Dowsing drains
Sep 06, 2003, 12:21
How did you find your drain then, Hob? I would never call myself a dowser at all and haven't a clue about how it works. Agree with Four Winds that there is a load of crap written to sell. My experience took place about ten years ago. I reluctantly accompanied a friend to a lecture. Most of the stuff was OTT about "thought shapes" and stuff, but when we were led out onto a vast playing field and given angle rods - I had a go. We were well spread out and slowly walked forward from the edge. I felt really daft as I stared at my rods. After a while they swung together and crossed over. I was surprised. I took a step forward and they opened - stepped back again and they crossed again. The rods appeared to move by themselves. When I looked to my right, I saw several people had stopped in a straight line. When I looked to my left ditto. Some people had registered nothing and had walked straight on. At no time did I look to see where others were stopping and fake it. We walked again from different directions and marked places where rods crossed. This later was checked against site engineer's map. Should convince an open mind beyond "reasonable doubt". I tried for other things and came to the conclusion that it works sometimes, but not everytime and so would not satisfy anyone requiring absolute scientific proof.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 13:49
Its the problem of "replicable findings" that plagues the edges of science.

I found the drain when looking for an 18th C waggon way in the back field in an attempt to add weight to the local campaign to stop building. I was in a hurry, waving a trowel, didn't really think about where I was, just somewhere in the vicinity of the position marked on the old maps. Dug a 5 inch diameter hole and about 1 foot down, a ceramic drain. Low probability of that, even lower of being able to do it again.

I can just imagine some owld dowsing hand "Clear your mind grasshopper, be at one with the trowel"

Mind you I stand by the personal thery that in pre-history, people were more sensitive to ambient e.m.
Dominic_Brayne
Dominic_Brayne
91 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 16:48
An interesting thread. I first discovered dowsing skills when a visitor lost a wedding ring in the gardens. I had been practicing dowsing and it was suggested that I use my skills to find the ring. I had just returned from town and had no idea where the ring was, but I used another object, an earing, owned by the loser, to get a fix.

After about half an hour I started getting very strong readings near the swimming pool, which I put down to the body of water, but as the readings intensified I found myself directed to a pile of leaves, in which was the wedding ring.

I was astonished, as were my guests, and this really launched my life long quest to understand what happened. I still have no overall idea, but as time goes on I have begun to recognise certain deflections and movements. I still would like to see a proven experiment to settle it once and for all, but I have seen impressive things over theyears.
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Re: energy grid ?
Sep 06, 2003, 16:51
"Do we need to know why something works ..."

"Yes. Because until you can explain something it has no credibility, especially as dowsing doesn't work every time (depending on what you look for)."

So the universe does not exist?
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: it's getting a bit deep
Sep 06, 2003, 18:42
If you want to be totally reductionist about it, the universe doesn't exist, only our perception of it.

The map is not the territory
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 18:48
A proven experiment may convince the out and out sceptics, but who cares? If it works for you then use it. Good for you, mate!
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 18:50
Well said! I don't know how my car works, but like dowsing - it does sometimes. So I use it without worrying about whether it exists or.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 18:58
"Do we need to know why something works ..."

Yes. Because until you can explain something it has no credibility."

Rubbish, that's what art is for, to demonstrate something that words alone cannot explain. Music effects us on a spiritual level, no-one can explain why music brings images into our minds, and even if they could, they would be incredibly hard pushed to prove WHY and WHCH images. That's blurring the line between objective reality and subjective totality, but it certainly remains credible.

Are you an objective subject or an objective object? Give me a reductionist on a plate please, with a side helping of empirical tomato ketchup ;-

http://www.av8n.com/physics/reality-reductionism.htm
morfe lux
301 posts

Apologies...I MEANT to say!
Sep 06, 2003, 19:01
----------------------------------------------
Are you an objective subject, or a subjective object?
----------------------------------------------
That is my question. I composed it whilst ingesting unlikely amounts of psilocybe which is measurable therefore credible!), i want answers from anyone please.

*be*
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 19:24
"So the universe does not exist?"

Yes it does, it just has no credibility!

Morfe ... What's all this 'art fills the void' bollocks?

Please people, make sensible comments and don't just answer with a question, especially one as fucking stupid as 'so the universe does not exist?'.

This is a forum, not a debating centre. We're hear to discuss things, not act like scumbag politicians.

Dowsing needs to be proved/disproved (I'm happy either way)

This is because there are charlatans out there making vast profits for bollocks. There's no magic in dowsing!

NOW, please note that I was talking about credibility and all you read it as existence.

Dowsing exists. But does it work? There is a fountain pen on my desk. I know it exists, but I don't know if it works until I write with it and prove it works.

Can you see the difference?
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index