Stonehenge »
Stone Shifting 2

161 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: 3.1415926538 in the sky
Sep 01, 2003, 09:50
“the stones will be within 40 feet of where we want them. The aim is only to show that the stones could be erected in a day”

Obviously I agree that we should have everything lined up ready, just as you say, but from a presentational point of view I think we should make a big deal of moving the stones, so that would mean moving them further than 40 feet if possible.
Anyway, you’ve got to, because the letterhead is done, and underneath the project title it has a sort of mission statement…

“A collaborative venture to replicate the transport and erection of a Stonehenge triathlon in the 24 hour period up to Solstice Dawn, June 2003”

Bearing in mind the second and third stones can be being rowed while the first is being erected, and assuming the manpower will stretch to it (I’m sure there’ll be periods during the erection when some of the people will be not needed) I think it will be worthwhile. How much time we have for rowing will become clear no doubt. One option could be to have 2 stones already nearby and make a big deal of transporting the third.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index