Stone Shifting 2

161 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GordonP
474 posts

Re: Stone Shifting 2
Aug 27, 2003, 18:19
Four Winds, of course.

Nigel, all I know about the holes is that I remember reading they had three vertical sides and one sloping side. I believe the sloping side was much more than 45 degrees. If I remember right the sloping side was inside the circle.

In the picture inside my head the stone does not hit any part of the hole faces until almost at the bottom. Don't ask me why, it's just the way I see it.

The stone is raised inside the circle with the base of the stone extending over and covering the hole. Again its just a hunch. (subconcious probably, sometimes things just look right)

I don't think it matters whether the stone is rough or smooth. Somehow I don't think a bit of slippage really matters, we can allow for it, or eliminate it. At this stage I can't really help much, we've now got a scientist on the team I'm sure he'll point us in the right direction, and we can do the practical tests. The hard work is done, many brains are working to one objective. Test test and test again, then we'll astound the world.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index