Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
How did you vote in the great 2016 Folly Daddy?

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2543 posts

Re: How did you vote in the great 2016 Folly Daddy?
Dec 07, 2017, 19:27
Howburn Digger wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

Please tell us all about how Farr Primary School is funded by EU.

The School Woods project immediately behind the school.

Will the trees be cut down if the EU Guardian Ents are busy building Fossil Fuel Power Stations in Germany instead after Brexit? What strands of EU Funding was responsible for "the woods"?

School Band trips I do down here are funded by School Concerts, parent whip-rounds, school fetes etc. Europe funds your Brass Bands etc... interested in exactly how (professionally... I do 3 music groups in my secondary school).

Professionally....I teach at schools and university, brass and piano. I also record/write with various artists and do all sorts of music stuff i.e. sound engineering, music therapy (some of which I know is done through Creative Scotland) etc etc )

As for brass bands I'm President of the Brass Band in the town where I live so I know all about raising funds for the band and for other groups in the area by organising events for them.

Vhttp://www.creativescotland.com/resources/professional-resources/other-sources-of-support/creativeeurope

http://www.creativescotland.com/resources/professional-resources/research/creative-scotland-research/assessing-the-european-unions-contribution-to-the-arts,-media-and-creative-industries-in-scotland

have helped with funds in the past.

As for the School Woods, near Farr Primary School, Highlands they have EU plaques on them indicating funding. I found this whilst looking for a cairn. (a hobby) Same as Daviot Village Hall, Aberdeenshire and several new halls in the area. All have these EU plaques. I work in the area and people confirmed that they applied for funding to the EU, which was granted.

No. I wasn't asking for your (impressive) CV. My own impressive musical CV stretches as far back as breaking my late brother's 78rpm copy of St Lucia by Joseph Locke when I was 4, going to Ayr Pavilion in May 79 when Simple Minds played (and Jim and Charlie signed my copy of LIAD) and later that year my own gig at the bandstand in Kelvingrove. The CV just drags on from then till now...

However, what I asked about was what strand of funding from the EU you use to fund your brass band. What EU money paid for what at Farr Woods. What amount of money from the EU actually funds the Brass Band you are president of. You must know as you are the president. Tell all.

Not my brass band but funding for NYBBS and European Brass Band Contests.

Will find out exactly about Farr School, the secretary there told me to try Highland And Islands offices which I will do and get back to you.

Crikey we were both at Ayr Pavilion, unbelievable :-) Played the Kelvingrove Bandstand a few times, great place to play.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index