bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Dec 19, 2012, 19:00
Re: How is Rock Art aged?Moving On
Dec 19, 2012, 18:59
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
Rocks and the landscape [and ancient monuments] have energies we no longer understand like the ancestors did, everythings alive with energy, to me the patterns on the rocks are images of that energy [and the stuff that's physically there], inside the mind and outside the minds [ in the landscape and in rocks] of all humans everywhere [that's why rock art's universal], we really are connected to everything, and some places are more densely packed with these energies than others because of a connection with the cosmos [stone circles and tombs], while other places it's all about the flow [stone rows and standing stones], it's this flow that connects all the ancient sites and were the first paths, the energy in us is the same as everywhere.

How come we haven't got more rock art down here in Cornwall then Paul considering the vast amount of stone circles/tombs/standing stones we have?

Because of what you've just said, it's big bits of quartz on big bits of quartz, it would take a long long time, like rubbing glass on glass, well the 3 brothers may have some on the cist? roof, there may be some on outcrops near Zennor quoit [not sure, but it's certainly not geology], and at boscawen-Un i think i've found a goddess breast like the ones in brittany, thus showing again the link between the two places and remember the massive stone axe carvings in relief [amazing] on the center stone again at Boscawen Un, it's there alright it's just that no ones really looked much.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index