Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Sternenmädchen: GILLES ZEITSCHIFF 2 (2023)

32 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joe Kenney
Joe Kenney
169 posts

Re: Sternenmädchen: GILLES ZEITSCHIFF 2 (2023)
Sep 11, 2023, 17:57
Thanks for the reply, PD!

After some hardcore searching yesterday I did find a place where you could hear some GZ2 samples -- man, it really took me back to the old days where you had to BUY an album to hear what it sounded like. I mean I've gotten spoiled after all these years of Youtube/etc uploads. Anyway, the site juno.co.uk has audio samples for all the Breeze Cosmic Jokes releases, including GZ2:

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/sternenmadchen-gilles-zeitschiff-2/937566-01/

Judging from the samples, I see what you all mean about the sound...actually, it seems to pick up from the freeflowing synth washes that the original GZ release ended on...it's like that album launched the Starmaiden into space and she stays there for GZ2. Maybe I'll pick it up someday -- but first I'll get the new LP releases of GZ and Sci-Fi Party.

You can also hear samples of both the CD and the LP releases of those two on juno.co.uk, and thus I was able to determine that the LP versions do indeed contain the same material as the CDs. This would make sense, as it appears that these new releases are straight up remixes, probably because the original elements/mixdowns were lost or something (similar to the case of the CD release for Miles Davis's "Bitches Brew" being different from the original LP mix). The drums certainly seem louder in the new mixes and I can tell little differences, even in the 30-second audio samples.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index