Unsung Forum »
HH MUZOS

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

HH MUZOS
Sep 05, 2015, 10:47
So, what are you lot all up to? I see Pursued By Trees has a project on, Kosmiche Boy too - but Squid's being a bit coy. I don't doubt for a minute he's idle, though. Naughty Nige? Ian B? Popel, Keith, Vince and Fred etc?

We're all too polite and almost apologetic, for feAr of coming over boastful, I guess. Yet, ironically making the loudest godawful racket once the lights go on.

Let's have an ego amnesty thread.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Sep 05, 2015, 11:10
Re: HH MUZOS
Sep 05, 2015, 11:04
Not being modest. Absolutely nothing going on. Last thing was playing on that SOLUS3 remix for Eccodek which came out last December.

Looking for a band to play in that doesn't play to loops or a click and where the other members are only in one band.

Still trying to learn to play Dirty Linen.
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Sep 05, 2015, 11:47
I tend to be very critical of what I do (always have been) and there's a pretty steep learning curve for me in terms of musical and technical knowledge at the minute so I try to not be precious about it. Stick it out and move on, but also try not to look too closely at was has gone before.

But to recap: towards the start of the year I did a rejigging of Birmingham industrial doomsters khost. It lives here https://khostband.bandcamp.com/track/avici-steckdose-version

I played a gig in Wolverhampton supporting ex Head Of David man Stephen Burroughs. Crappy recording here https://soundcloud.com/steck_dose/chapel-ash-180715

I've been using a digital multitrack to build up soundscapes of loops, which is portable and lends itself well to train journeys such as https://soundcloud.com/steck_dose/train-dub

I was also supposed to play a thing at the Birmingham Museum which didn't go ahead, so played it at home at the allotted time anyway. Crappy recording thus https://soundcloud.com/steck_dose/live-because-i-felt-like-showing-up

I'm working on an EP for a local label, which has taken ages because I'm having trouble with the mixing/mastering bits. Will be sticking it out myself if they don't like it. There's another gig in Balsall Heath at the Old Moseley Arms up in a month or so, will stick details here when I get them if people are interested. There will definitely be a split tape release out before the end of the year, and hopefully a mini cd of stuff too. Got about 5 ideas for projects so just working through them slowly, its interesting how they mutate.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Sep 05, 2015, 11:54
I do like that the Lunar Dunes and Solus3 albums are bottled moments of a meeting of minds, from a number of different backgrounds. A sort of melting pot. Solus3 get a regular airing at the life drawing sessions I attend in Shrewsbury. As does the albums of Untied Knot.

It's a shame you can't hook up with likeminded heads in London. I know several bands ~ one of which, probably a bit rockier than you're seeking, are in search of a bassist/ Deviant Amps (in case you fancy investigating).
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Sep 05, 2015, 12:02
mr sulcus wrote:
...if people are interested.

Share it anyway. There are always responsive ears.

I can't play your links where I currently am, due to iffy wiffy. Nice to see Head Of David mentioned. I did a couple of gigs with them in the late 80s.
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

Sep 05, 2015, 12:52
Thanks for asking Nick.

Our new album will be officially out soon (once the vinyl arrives) and we are playing on Tuesday with Charles Hayward and Rothkno http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/73519/#7

Also been pretty involved in the Sonic Imperfections nights, second Tuesday of every month at Montague Arms, London SE15. We do a monthly podcast that goes out on Resonance FM - tonight at 6pm, by the way or archived here https://www.mixcloud.com/sonicimperfections/sonic-imperfections-podcast-september/

How about you, what's the latest with Glowpeople?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Sep 05, 2015, 13:55
Sep 05, 2015, 13:54
Up well north is very busy. The DTs have gone recording daft. Once I've finished on a couple of other bands albums its back to getting the vocals done. Instrumentally just about there.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Sep 05, 2015, 15:35
Sep 05, 2015, 15:35
Anna is in the last trimester of pregnancy so we've not been playing out. We're currently jamming once a month or so with our old mate Rob on Bass who we worked with in Irritants (jam this evening planned as it goes). So a new Radical Elsewhere set and shows early next year when we can work out what we're doing.

My Whomkeesh release has gone very well so I may work on some more Garage/Future Garage inspired work, but more likely those beats and ideas will be absorbed into Radical Elsewhere. We're all drifting around really here.

All my time is pretty much taken up with animation work at the moment. Retraining myself in Houdini (skills are out of date) and building assets to drive motion from sound and generative geometry.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Sep 05, 2015, 16:26
I am not a muso by any stretch of the imagination, but I have written two little pieces on the geetar recently. One, a little folky instru thing called "Scarlett Weaves" for my niece and a strange prog/funk metal thing currently called "A Quick Mooch".
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited Sep 05, 2015, 16:51
Sep 05, 2015, 16:50
Kid Calamity wrote:
So, what are you lot all up to? I see Pursued By Trees has a project on, Kosmiche Boy too - but Squid's being a bit coy. I don't doubt for a minute he's idle, though. Naughty Nige? Ian B? Popel, Keith, Vince and Fred etc?

We're all too polite and almost apologetic, for feAr of coming over boastful, I guess. Yet, ironically making the loudest godawful racket once the lights go on.

Let's have an ego amnesty thread.

Thanks for thinking of us all Kid. I've had to put the music on hold while I complete my yoga teacher training course - I've just got too much to do to do the music justice. I'm getting itchy about it though, and did switch all me gear on yesterday to have a blast.

Before I got stuck into the training I had nearly finished the sister album to Darkness Unfolding, which was the cover disk on the last Optical Sounds mag. The new one is Enfolding Light, and I hope to finish that as soon as I can after I complete my yoga course. I'm doing the residential final assessment the week after next (gulp).

If anyone hasn't heard Darkness Unfolding yet, it is available digitally here for a mere £2.50...

https://blacktempest.bandcamp.com/

Its a bit heavier and more guitar based than my other recent stuff, which may or may not tickle your fancy.

Right, back to my revision!

P.S. Actually, I did buy a guitar today. I part-exchanged my old Epiphone Les Paul which was gathering dust for a rather tasty Washburn semi-acoustic. It looks a treat :)
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index