Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 20 January 2013 CE
Jan 20, 2013, 20:23
"Rites Wild - Ways of Being
Broadcast - Berberian Sound Studio
Who was it recommended these to me? Was it Monganaut? Sorry, can't remember - but regardless, I love them both! Rites Wild came out of the blue for me, never heard them before, but right up my street.ting sounds."

Ja!, twas indeed me. I adore The Rites Wild LP, Not been off my deck or walkmen since i got it. Like you, the record came to me out of the blue, but glad I discovered her. Hopefully She'll get it together for an album proper soonish, as 'Ways Of Being' is like the 3 EP's thing by the Beta Band, just a collection of Ltd. cassette EP's and a few new bits and bobs.

Still not totally sold on the Broadcast, but It deffo has a few interesting moments. Here's hoping Mr Cargill keeps on the OST track, think he could be one of the more interesting (like Clint Mansell from PWEI) protagonists.

While I'm, here, here's what has been rocking my boat..

Hacker Farm - UHF
These guys remind me of the more out there parts of Coil/TG. really liking the new album. Not checked out 'Poundland' album yet, is it more of the same and worth a punt? I passed up buying this in Oxfam in Malvern last year, kicking myself now!

Can - Lost Tapes
Discs 1 and 2 have particularly clicked with me this week, and have been enjoying them far more than the initial listens I gave it on release.

David Thomas - Why I Remix Women
Remix album to accompany the 'Why I Hate Women' album of the same year.
As ever with this kinda thing, some absolute gems and a few stinkers.
On the whole, better than I remember it though.

Adam and the Ants - Dirk Wears White Sox.
Been digging this all over again this week after maybe 20 years of not listening. esp enjoying 'Cartrouble parts 1+2", "Nine Plan Failed" and "Physical".

XTC- Drums and Wires
Prob my fav' XTC album, much prefer it to later efforts, though "Senses..." was another outstanding period to.

The Eccentronic Research Council - 1612 Underture.
Still digging this concept album of Pendle Witchdom. Some nice 70's analogue moments, and there's thick streak of humour that flow through the lyrics that always make me chuckle.

That's about it. Also been tuning into Steve Lamaque's Radio 6 drive time show...the lad plays some fine tunes on his show it has to be said.

Hope y'all are OK, and stay safe in the snow if your out and about.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index