Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 January 2013 CE

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 January 2013 CE
Jan 14, 2013, 12:18
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Bauhaus - made an MP3 disc of everything from Bella right up to She's In Parties and all points in between to play in the car. Had forgotten how much I love Bauhaus, will probably continue to listen to this for weeks. They still sound fresh and exciting to these old ears.

Broadcast - Berbarian Sound Studio
Not exactly the same as the film OST (in fact I feel the film with added incidental noises to some tracks sounds better). Still, it's an interesting way to bow out, and a direction I always thought they'd end up taking sound tracking films that is).

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill/Psychonaut
Picked u a cheap twofer on these babies and have been loving them all over again.

Heads - Tilburg, At Last/ Undersided
Thought I'd get primed whilst waiting for the Inner Space Broadcasts LP to arrive. Maaan can these guys rawk! My missus said to me after At Last finished, "Flippin' heck, don't they take a breather?"

Rites Wild - Ways Of Being
This hasn't been off my deck for weeks, still loving the reverb drenchfest.

Ex-Cults-Ex-Cults
Good old garage punk/rock'n'roll with a post punk vibe. In parts remind me of NY Dolls, Magazine and oooh, all sorts of other great bands, but still manage to make their own sound despite all this.

And that's about it. Have a good week and keep safe if you've got snow, ours is melting already (bah!).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index