43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Jan 14, 2013, 01:06
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 January 2013 CE
Jan 13, 2013, 23:34
John Frusciante - The Empyrean ... the version of Song To The Siren matches, maybe bests Tim's ....... Tim Buckley - Starsailor: The Anthology ... had to check. Brilliant value for money ....... David Bowie -Live at the Beeb 2002 ... pity this isn't official. Tight 'n smokes ....... Wyatt/Atzmon/Stephen - For The Ghosts Within ... one of a whole slew of cd's bought when I mistakenly felt rich, played very little, put to one side, not played since. Now's the time. Sweet 'n lovely. Recommended ....... Davis/Laswell - Panthalassa ... snap, KC :) ........ Yes - Relayer ... am decrepit enough to have seen them when they toured this. Great gig. Holds up well in a bombasticcy proggy sort of way ....... Bill Laswell - ROIR Dub Sessions ... haven't a clue what his best record is, there've been so many.. but some lovely deep rumbles herein ........ William Orbit - plays Arvo Part's Cantus and Fratres ... from the original version of Pieces In A Modern Style, withdrawn after about a day after Part had a change of mind and nixed things. Can't see why. A huge pity. Masterpieces, both.. music for the end of the world, or life ....... Lee ' Scratch' Perry and friends - Open The Gate ... I need a dose of Leroy Sibbles and the Congos etc once in a while. Vital ........ Sun Araw, Gengras, Congos - Icon Give Thank ... seems to have staying power, this one ........ Marvin Gaye - What's Goin On ....... Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man ... goes well with Panthalassa ........ Marvin Gaye - I Want You ... oobly oobly ........ The Necks - Chemist ... a fixture at the moment ........ The Necks - Aether ... ditto.. but, like several of theirs, I've never heard right the way to the end. Late night zoneout. Put on phones, think wow, this is really really grea..zzzz. One day. Or night ....... John Cale - Paris 1919 ... wintery gothicness ........ Kate Bush ... 50 Words For Why I Still Can't Make Any Money After Novovirus etc ... meh. Not the record. Looks like I'll be doing more listening.. Have a crispy week, y'all
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index