37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2012, 09:48
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 December 2012 CE
Dec 09, 2012, 09:30
Desertshore/The Final Report - X-TG. Well, this is a mixed bag. When its good its good. Some of it is meh.. That Sasha Grey 'Afraid' track is bloody awful. I really want to hear the Blixa versions of all of the first CD tbh, they are the best tracks on it. Its not just his performance either, its the mix/production of those two as well (as in there are sounds in the compositions that escape the huge space and muffled bass annoyingly present on everything else). The Gasper Noe track is very good too, it's kind of like an early Young Gods number in many ways. The Second CD is great though, and I'll be playing that a lot.

WHNZ47- PsyFi Thanks to HI DEN for this recommendation. Bloody marvellous netlabel compilation of finnish experimental music.

Hangedup & Tony Conrad - Transit of Venus. Okays, this sounds exactly how you'ld expect it too. But its a very good thing, it doesn't let me down anyroad.

heu{s-k}ach - Két. Beautiful album of minimal music released on the Camomile netlabel.

Hedgerows - Dadala. Great improv, noise jazz ep by a group who've we've been listening to a lot recently (mostly the 'Tall Tales' release). Grab it here http://dadalamusic.com/discs__downloads/ Anna has contributed cover art to the upcoming 'Bodystairs' release too.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index