The Coasters - 50 Coastin' Classics

The Beatles - Please Please Me (Mono)
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 December 2012 CE
Dec 09, 2012, 02:23
1001realapes wrote:
Jonathan Richman - Gentle Spirit

I'm honestly not meaning to sound rude here, but why don't you post all your listenings in one fell swoop.

I'll be honest, I don't go back and check what you've added to your list and I suspect I'm not alone. Your eagerness to be first here (when we're barely into the 9th!) means that - unless I'm not around when you initially post - I barely get to see what you've been listening to, compared with what everyone else posts.

Not that this particularly matters in the great scheme of things, but if you don't want people to read your soundtracks there doesn't really appear much point in going to the trouble of posting them! Or am I missing something?
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2012, 08:34
Dec 09, 2012, 08:34
Songs ....
Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
The Delfonics - Hey Love
Sweet Sensation - Sad Sweet Dreamer
Tony Morgan And The Mussel Power Band - Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys
OV Wright - Drowning On Dry Land
William Bell- I Forgot To Be Your Lover
Soul Children - Who Is She And What Is She To You

Albums ....
Old And New Dreams - s/t
Isaac Hayes - Joy
Isaac Hayes - ...To Be Continued
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
Donny Hathaway - Everything Is Everything
Tift Merritt - Traveling Alone
Christos Fanaras - Impermanence
Brian Eno - The Lost Pop Album
Alison Balsom - Seraph
Spirit - Spirit Of '76
Haco + Sakamoto Hiromichi - Ash In The Rainbow
JJ Burnel - Euroman Commeth
Sun Ra - Purple Night
Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated et al - R&B From The Marquee
John Luther Adams - The Light That Fills the World
danny_9317
danny_9317
37 posts

Dec 09, 2012, 08:46
Hi
Charles Mingus- Changes 2
Neil Young- le noise
john adams- harmonium
roedelius- selbsportrait 1
ry cooder- paris, texas
van morrison- tupelo honey
peter gabriel 1
peter baumann- trans harmonic nights
natalie merchant- tigerlily
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2012, 09:48
Dec 09, 2012, 09:30
Desertshore/The Final Report - X-TG. Well, this is a mixed bag. When its good its good. Some of it is meh.. That Sasha Grey 'Afraid' track is bloody awful. I really want to hear the Blixa versions of all of the first CD tbh, they are the best tracks on it. Its not just his performance either, its the mix/production of those two as well (as in there are sounds in the compositions that escape the huge space and muffled bass annoyingly present on everything else). The Gasper Noe track is very good too, it's kind of like an early Young Gods number in many ways. The Second CD is great though, and I'll be playing that a lot.

WHNZ47- PsyFi Thanks to HI DEN for this recommendation. Bloody marvellous netlabel compilation of finnish experimental music.

Hangedup & Tony Conrad - Transit of Venus. Okays, this sounds exactly how you'ld expect it too. But its a very good thing, it doesn't let me down anyroad.

heu{s-k}ach - Két. Beautiful album of minimal music released on the Camomile netlabel.

Hedgerows - Dadala. Great improv, noise jazz ep by a group who've we've been listening to a lot recently (mostly the 'Tall Tales' release). Grab it here http://dadalamusic.com/discs__downloads/ Anna has contributed cover art to the upcoming 'Bodystairs' release too.
flashbackcaruso
1058 posts

Dec 09, 2012, 10:50
Pet Shop Boys - Very

Mercury Rev - See You On The Other Side

Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering

Windy & Carl - Portal

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Elton John - Caribou

Bert Jansch - Birthday Blues
Bert Jansch - Rosemary Lane

Silvery - Christmas Is Easy

Scott Walker - Climate Of Hunter
Scott Walker - Tilt

Joy Division - The Best Of

The Human League - Travelogue

The Beach Boys - Sunflower
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Dec 09, 2012, 11:08
I'm afraid I too am guilty of starting a list - and then, on getting distracted posting it up, rather than leaving the dialogue box open. And, on remembering something else I'd been listening to, go back to the posted list and adding more albums.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2012, 16:12
Dec 09, 2012, 11:22
Marnin'...

Hawkind - Levitation. Huw Lloyd-Langton's finest hour perhaps? Certainly a favourite of mine anyhoo. RIP

New Model Army - Today is a Good Day
Rose Kemp - The Golden Shroud
Alex Hutton Trio - Legentis. Great stuff!
Talvin Singh - Ha
Air - Talkie Walkie
Solus3 - Corner of the Dub
Christos Fanara - Impermanence
Inference - Resistance is Mutable
Kosmiche Boy - Clockwerk
Electro Quarterstaff - Gretzky
Stealing Sheep - Into The Diamond Sky.
Asteroid - ST
Uriah Heep - Into The Wild.
Mediaeval Baebes - The Huntress
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind
Devil Driver - Beast. Fantastic! m/
Mirror Queen - From Earth Below
Lords of Falconry - ST
I am Colossus - ST
Luke Vibert & BJ Cole - Stop The Panic!

Haco & Sakamoto Hiromachi - Ash in the Rainbow. Fragile, improvised beauty merged with welcome slices of something quite silly. Melancholic and entertaining. Bargain! (Thanks Ian!)

Priestess - Hello Master. Superb 70's infused riffage.
Curve - Come Clean
The Black Ships - Kurofune EP (have they done any more? Must check!)*
Starlings - The Last One 12"
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Mr Oizo - Analog Worms Attack. Hadn't played this for awhile and it struck me as to how odd it is in a way. I wonder what some people may have thought if they got this album on the strength of the "Flat Beat" Levis hit -itself quite odd and, ironically, listed as an 'extra track' - and got home to find an album of minimal, pretty skewed, squelchy, n' experimental electronica some of which could easily be described as proto-dubstep. Good stuff though and made even more pleasingly absurd by a little sticker of Flat Eric on the cd box saying "This is the music I dance to." Makes me smile anyway.

Have a nice week x

*EDIT (ooer!) Apparently The Black Ships, as in Nick McCabe and co, are now called Black Submarine after a dispute with a US band also called The Black Ships.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 09, 2012, 11:27
Kid Calamity wrote:
I'm afraid I too am guilty of starting a list - and then, on getting distracted posting it up, rather than leaving the dialogue box open. And, on remembering something else I'd been listening to, go back to the posted list and adding more albums.

Me too, especially if I'm doing this in a wi-fi place and not with my albums to hand. I don't think it's, as yet, an offence punishable by law. Maybe you might get a few strokes of the ruler on your palms or something. I think I've been fairly complete this week so gold stars for me! ;^)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2012, 11:35
Dec 09, 2012, 11:34
Dave Brubeck Quartet 'Dave Digs Disney', Jazz Impressions of New York; 'Jazz Impressions of Eurasia', 'Jazz Impressions of Japan', 'Countdown: Time Out In Outer Space', 'Time Changes' and 'Bravo Brubeck' - cos he was a favourite, a legend, and a pivotal part of yours truly's lifelong obsession with shiny black round things with grooves on each side;

David Sylvian 'Manafon' and 'Approaching Silence'...the former of which sent me back to Christian Fennesz' gorgeous 'Vienna' and AMM's free-as-ever but surprisingly accessible 'Newfoundland'. You gotta give old Batty credit for his adventurous choice of collaborators;

Ian McCullough 'Candleland' - well, I just dig the arrogant sod in his wannabeNewOrder pop mould;

Gong 'Live Etc' - specifically the Hillage-led stuff on side 4 - belting;

The Stooges 'The Stooges' - well, just 'We Will Fall' really: a mega mantra endured and enjoyed on an interminable Grand Central train journey in the cold. It seemed to suit the scene for some reason;

Miles Davis: both 'Live at the Blackhawk' sets - documentating a largely forgotten period between the Coltrane and Shorter eras. Highly recommended;

Janacek: both String Quartets played by the Talich Quartet (superb); Arthur Bliss conducting all five of Elgar's 'Pomp & Circumstance' Marches (I was in central London and being a working class Mackem tend to colour the place thus); and Bruno Walter's heartfelt take on Brahms' valedictory Fourth Symphony.

Keep warm out there.

Dave
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index