Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 September 2012 CE

38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 September 2012 CE
Sep 24, 2012, 22:08
Going back to last weekend when I did a 35 mile or so walk from Berwick to the Cheviots via the Tweed and Till rivers and was laying in my tent:
Field music - that will sound pretentious but I hid my tent in a copse of young deciduous trees and the sounds of the wind was fantastic - it made different sounds through the different types of woodland on the edge of the gorge, and it was a kind of surround sound. When the wind dropped you could then hear the river down below... and then there would be owls hooting etc etc. Marvelous - then when I was totally relaxed I listen to Haare - The Temple and Long Distance Poison - Signals to a Habitable Zone. And all the sounds in those records just had a greater clarity. Wanted to play Odin but drifted in and out of sleep.

What else:
I did listen to Odin when back home after ordering Woden.

Jesus on Mars - s/t really enjoying this electronic krautrock-esque music. Getting lots of repeat plays anyway.

Then it's same old as in recent weeks - the new Six Organs and Om mainly.

Oh and Brain Donor - Love Peace and Fuck. Oh yeah!
Gnod - Chaudelande Vol 2. Bought this months ago but still no record player so downloaded it, couldn't wait any longer! Marvelous - especially enjoying Entrance.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index