Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 September 2012 CE

38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 September 2012 CE
Sep 24, 2012, 10:10
Recently I have been listening muchly to nineties Bristol geniuses, the legendary Moonflowers. There are two compilations of their stuff (one a bit more tuney(Having Fun With the Moonflwers), one a bit more spacey(Erm..'Out to Space')) on Spotify, plus their original radion sessions/single collection 'Hash Smits', which I reckon quite a few people here might like.
I was playing all of this to some friends of ours on holidya last week and they found it very hard to comprehend how the Moonflowers were lumped in with the Levellers/Ozrics/Back to the Planet 'crusty' explosion of the mid-nineties, but thinking about it, that (made up by the NME) scene was more about having dreadlocks and a bus than the music...

I also finally listened to Land Observations 'Roman Roads EP' and 'Roman Roads IV-XI'. One man guitar and loop pedal make's Neu!ish minimalist motorik. Well worth a listen.

I also had a go at the Eccentronic Research Project's '1612 Underture', Maxine Peake being all Lancashire about witches on a bed of Krauty electonics. Need to give this another go as it kept being interupted by Italian Radio, but I think it's a goer.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index