Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 September 2012 CE

38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 September 2012 CE
Sep 24, 2012, 17:11
Firebird - ST/Deluxe/3. Seems someone was offloading some stuff cos I came across 3 of Firebird's albums together on the sniff recently. Sadly defunct now (I think!) but this is superb 21st Century power-trio retro-riffage for all that enjoy fuzzed, soulful, bloozy n crunchy Gibson-SG riffs pouring from longhairs in expansive denims. Must get the rest I feel!

Sandstone - Cultural Dissonance. Enjoyable Irish power-prog metal bombast and tunage.

Slade - Live. Freebie cd from a news paper years ago sourced, I think, from their legendary 1980 Reading Festival appearance featuring as it does their comeback hit and gomboid epic "We'll bring the House Down". Noddy's voice is a thing of granite-melting foghorn wonder.

Bong - Beyond Ancient Space. Does what it says on the dodgy little tin.

Gonga - II: Transmigration. Couldn't beleive my luck when I found this usually hard to find and costly item, long-delayed from the first, for £2 in Fopp the other day. Great stoner-doom psyche lowend riffage with an occasionally harder edge than the ace debut from years back.

Goatsnake - Trampled Under Hoof.
Ramasses - We Will Lead You To Glorious Times. Both found for £2 a pop with Gonga. That was a good day!

Black Country Communion - 2
Holderlein Express - ST. Nice german jaunty folk/rock melange.
Devil Driver - Pray for Villains.
Reigns - The House on the Causeway.
Robin Trower - From Earth Below.
Justice - Video Audio Disco. Fuckin' great!! Big grins abound.
Wasara - Hehku.

Bloodshot Dawn - ST. Excellent and v promising tech-death debut. Precision brutality and progular tunesmithery melded to pleasing effect.

Have a nice week x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index