Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 September 2012 CE

52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 September 2012 CE
Sep 10, 2012, 17:09
first three of his solo LPs, S/T, Free For All & Cat Scratch are damn good, Double Live Gonzo is immense. Ted may be a dick but he plays some damn fine guitar , after that I wouldn't bother , it pretty much retreads the same thing to lessening effect, gotta admire a song called 'My Love is Like A Tyre Iron' even if you don't want to listen to it, his Amboy Dukes lps are worth a listen as well, there is an Amboy Dukes compi that covers all the best stuff if you don't want to dive in up to your neck in Ted
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Loaded-Bear-Nugent-Amboy-Dukes/dp/B0012GMZ9K/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1347293325&sr=1-5

talking of dicks this week I've been giving The Doors Live a spin, stunning music but all too often in between Morrison comes across as at best total boor and at his worst utterly vile,

Cathedral - Garden of Unearthly Delights
Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are difficult to believe they had just made In Rock,Fireball & Machinehead, not really an impressive LP

The Sabians - imagine my delight at finding that between Sleep and Om Chris Hakius had been in a band with Justin Marler who played on Sleep Vol1, The Sabians however are Marler's baby and it sounds like a collection of Screaming Trees b-sides, plus the 15 min final track is in fact a 4 min altrock ditty with 11 mins of rainfall tacked on the end, for completists I'm afraid, sounds nice, lacks any killer tunes

Patti Smith - Banga also saw her live, astounding, really good

Feedtime - The abberant Years finally arrived, rough as a badgers arse, first heard this around the time Scientists, Lime Spiders & Hoodoo Gurus were making big Aussie 60s garage shaped waves, but Feedtime make even Scientists or Birthday Party sound tame, if Bon era AC/DC tied one of Angus's hands behind his back and covered the Ramones it would sound like this

Humble Pie - Performance

Batfish Boys-Head, The Gods Hate Kansas

B-52s - s/t

Siouxsie & The Banshees - at the BBC

Billy Bragg - Brewing Up With, Life's A Riot With Spy Vs Spy

King Crimson - In The Court of

Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index