52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Sep 10, 2012, 16:22
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 September 2012 CE
Sep 10, 2012, 15:46
Hail!

Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent, Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever, Weekend Warriors, Scream Dream and Double Live Gonzo (thanks for that Ian!).
Yes, yes, yes I know that these days he's even more of a ridiculous cartoon of a caricature of a reactionary bellend with fries to go, but that shouldn't and doesn't prevent me from enjoying these early Nuge riff-fests -most of which are superb prime(rib) slices of American hard rock - anymore than Clint Eastwood's recent (and mental) Republican endorsements would prevent me from enjoying "Unforgiven" and so on. Some of the guitar work is stunning - tasteful even!!!
And, I'm quite serious, if you like DogNtank, the "Ted Nugent" album will lick your glands nicely.

Alexander Tucker - Old Fog
Grumbling Fur - S/t
Orbital - Green album (recently got on CD cos my cassette was goin a bit bleeee)

Wooden Wand - Blood Oaths of the New Blues
Wooden Wand & The Briarwood Virgins - Briarwood.
Nice slices of kinda alt-country tinged alt-folkery and balladry from someone I know little about apart from he seems to release an album every two minutes.

The Darkness - Hot Cakes
Temptations - Psychedelic Soul
Jethro Tull - Too Old To Rock n Roll.
Hawkwind - Onward
Dead Sea Apes - Soy Dios
Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch
White Hills - Frying on this Rock
Goat - World Music
Simon & Garfunkel - The Definitive...
Septikk Rekktum - In Nomine Sphinctus Satannus

Wasara - Hehku. Accordian driven folk metal with melancholic folky ambience and punch-packing riffage.

Have a nice week Sound Slurpers x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index