Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 September 2012 CE

52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
aether
149 posts

Edited Sep 09, 2012, 18:02
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 September 2012 CE
Sep 09, 2012, 17:57
Yeah, when i read what they had planned for JM's Live at Leeds i couldn't understand it at all. Not heard it, but like you say, it seems like they've got sub-standard or at least inferior material there for the sake of titular exactness. A good live LP of all various gigs with the best versions would have been more appreciated to my mind. All the reviews seem to concur that its been a wasted opportunity.

Aahhh... Africa Brass. What a record!!! My fave JC LP by a country mile.
What extra stuff comes with this release B?

I've got the World Record Club release with the diff sleeve, but I've been considering going for this complete sessions release on CD.

Roxy Music - Roxy Music
Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure

Pram - Telemetric Melodies

John Barry - Walkabout O.S.T. (beautiful stuff)

The Byrds - Notorious Byrd Brothers (the release with the 7 or so extra tracks) - well worth picking up, esp. for Moog Raga, McGuinn's eastern flavoured exploratory moog piece. This is their peak this LP IMO, Draft Morning, Wasn't Born to Follow, Goin Back, Dolphin Smile, (is it) Natural Harmony?, an LP that good, they thought (probably mistakenly), that they could even leave Crosby's "Triad" off it!!)

Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Best Of...

Magnum - Kingdom of Madness

Ayer's Rock - Beyond (inteersting Aussie fusion/prog/rock band)

Genesis - Trespass

Harmonia - Musik Von...

Anna Sjalv Tredje - Tussilago Fanfara (blissed out, Kosmiche psych from Sweden - the Swedish Achim Reichel meest the Swedish JM Jarre)

Vangelis - Beauborg (woah! 1978! experimental as fuck! - was he having a dark time or something! Lol!)

Vangelis - Earth

Odyssey - Who - cool 1974 single from Vangelis.

Zed - Visions of Dune

regards, Aether
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index