sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Your latest buy
Aug 23, 2012, 13:25
Just got a lovely new elpee today from the lovely Norman Records:
Ariel Pink's 'Mature Themes'
Also came with a free cd copy!!
New Rega is working like the dream it is, but dust cover don't half get scratches on it, even though I's careful as feck with it.
x
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Your latest buy
Aug 23, 2012, 13:35
Erm, my latest buy is a new copy of 'The K&D Sessions', as I've absolutely no idea who I lent* my original to, now.

*donated
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 15:40
I've been on the sniff and picked up the Goat album, the new Darkness album (to copy for Keith obviously), and some el cheapo but goodo promo items from Vinyl Exchange including White Darkness (scary!), Mothlite (nice!) and White Wizzard (rockin!)
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 15:46
That mothlite album was very good i thought. Had no idea what to expect with it but it was a pleasant surprise!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 15:49
Aye,

I saw a promo for £2 and recalled that the chap had collaborated with Ulver so I thought I'd give it a whizz. Kind of got that slightly ethereal end of Talk Talk/Mark Hollis thing going on. V dreamy and organic I thought.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 16:31
Moon Cat wrote:
Aye,

I saw a promo for £2 and recalled that the chap had collaborated with Ulver so I thought I'd give it a whizz. Kind of got that slightly ethereal end of Talk Talk/Mark Hollis thing going on. V dreamy and organic I thought.

wasn't overly impressed by it, a bit too much like a Tears for Fears tribute band for my liking, much preferred the first one

just got this
http://www.dust-digital.com/goodbye-babylon/ I've decided to find Jesus, if I do I'll ask him if he really is a cunt [ I'd actually be really impressed if I did find him and he was wearing a COF are a bunch of cunts tee]
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 16:51
sanshee wrote:
Just got a lovely new elpee today from the lovely Norman Records:
Ariel Pink's 'Mature Themes'
Also came with a free cd copy!!
New Rega is working like the dream it is, but dust cover don't half get scratches on it, even though I's careful as feck with it.
x

Just listening to the new Ariel for the first time ... compared to the last one it's more patchy and sprawling like the early albums (albeit better produced), but when he hits the mark he still delivers in spades.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2012, 17:28
Aug 23, 2012, 17:24
Kiss - Destroyer (Recurrected) - In reality this sounds not a lot different from the original cd. A bit more dynamic overall and Ezrin has tried to make it sound more unified. Still, it was only £6 and the new artwork is nice.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 17:26
IanB wrote:
Kiss - Destroyer (Recurrected) - In reality this sounds not a lot different from the original cd. A bit more dynamic and Ezrin had tried to make it sound more unified. Still, it was only £6 and the new artwork is nice

I salute thee across the wapternet!
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2012, 17:31
Aug 23, 2012, 17:31
Since adding Fougou and Glowpeople to my HH shelf I've picked up the CD re-issue of The Mountain Goats ultra-rare-originally-cassette-in-hand-made-cover-only early albums 'The Hound Chronicles' and 'Hot Garden Stomp' ...

The very last thing to land on the doormat was sparked by watching a Psychedelic Furs show from Shepherds Bush, June 2005 and being reminded how much I prefer the long mix on the 12" of 'House' to the album version ...

I discovered that this particular mix is not on the cd single ... but does appear on a promo cd of all 4 mixes ... so I got me one of those. Will probably end up losing the battle to resist getting the regular cd single as well as this, in turn, has a couple of tracks that aren't on the 12". Curse late 80's multi-format marketing ploys!
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index