Your latest buy

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Re: Your latest buy
Aug 23, 2012, 17:43
Both cds came today ordered from FNAC. Suzanne Vega's Close Up volumes 1 and 2. Loving them a lot.
carlyclub
carlyclub
128 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 18:00
Still on the rock 'n' roll so been trawling the 2nd hand bins in my new hometown of Sheffield the past week and got these:

Albert Ayler - Holy Ghost
Samba Mapangala & Orchestre Virunga - Virunga Volcano
Songs:Ohia - Axxess & Ace
High Rise - Psychobomb
Chumbawamba - English Rebel Songs 1381-1914
Julian Cope - Fried

now need to find a job...
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 18:06
Three new cds arrived early this week:

Goat – World Music. Psych, fuzz, garage, folk, afro-beats, and all under 40 mins. Looking forward to the October gig with Gnod and Teeth of the Sea!!

Six Organs of Admittance – Ascent. Ben Chasny backed by the other members of Comets on Fire. The excellent Uncut review is spot on I think – it does have a Crazy Horse feel to it at times when they’re rocking out. The quieter atmospheric moments clearly distinguish this as a Six Organs record but tracks like Waswasa and Even If You Knew will be sufficient for those of us in the small cabal who regard Comets on Fire as one of the best bands of the 21st Century (as the Uncut review begins).

OM – Advaitic Songs. Ambient OM with luscious strings. This is really growing on me. Obviously OM is chiefly Al Cisneros’ vision but you can pick out Emil Amos’ influence on this record – the depth of sound, samples, guitar and piano etc.

So a great week, two releases involving two of my favourite musicians, Ben Chasny and Emil Amos (Grails, Holy Sons).
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 18:11
New one is a grower, but as yet not got anything like the highlights of 'Before Today'.
A bit of a departure none the less, and good he's bit by bit less fuzzed out, coz there's a heck of alot of great melody in those tunes, but not always revealed as much as they deserved to be.
x
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 18:16
sanshee wrote:

New Rega is working like the dream it is, but dust cover don't half get scratches on it, even though I's careful as feck with it.
x

Which Rega did you get? I've started buying vinyl again and got some old records out of my parents' attic earlier this year and a Rega was one option I was thinking of. I was gearing up to buy a turntable this summer but unfortunately I had to spend legal and bank costs when my ex wanted off our mortgage so she could buy the flat she was renting! But at some point...
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 18:17
My latest cd was free with a Classic Rock Special - The one with Fat Bob on the front - well,I say free if you call buying a mag for £7.99 and getting a cd with it.

Blummin Gofftastic !!

Good read too.
You have to laugh at the Hussey/Spiggy interview.... bitter...
still...after all these years...nooooooo...not Eldritch !!

#:o)
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2012, 18:40
Aug 23, 2012, 18:39
Echo and the Bunnymen Peel Sessions vinyl! Circa 1979 before Pete de Freitas... so just Echo... Oh and one D.Balfe. Nice to have a soundtrack to my re-reading of Head On. Oh the bitching! But a GREAT version of 'Books' which, I fear, is greater than any of the Teardrops!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 18:59
We got this one
http://www.lintone.co.uk/turntables/rega-rp3-turntable-cool-grey-inc-elys-2-2089-168-3134.php
We set it up via an instructional on Youtube!
But very easy to do anyway.
x
Buck Flair
Buck Flair
796 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 19:03
I like the Goat album, been playing for a few weeks, noticed that orange vinyl copy sold for £70 on ebay during the week, so get before sell out.

Fat Paul's Blakk Metal finding this difficult to get need to play a few more times.

Shit And Shine ?– 229-2299 Girls Against Shit, will try and track down more of their back catalogue.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Aug 23, 2012, 22:28
The Goat album - bloody great!

Baroness - Yellow and Green
This has been the constant soundtrack to our holiday. Really classy rock album.

Om - Advaitic Songs
Really lovely album.

Glowpeople & Fougou - as mentioned by someone else. More great stuff from HHers.

V/A - Electric Eden
CD of the book. Really good folk/rock comp. Limited in its scope, but very nice nonetheless.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index