Your latest buy

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Re: Your latest buy
Aug 23, 2012, 22:38
I've just bought the new Euros Child's album 'Summer Special' - an album in desperate need of a good summer for it to soundtrack - and Pye Corner Audio's 'Black Mill Tapes vol 1&2'. Both getting some heavy rotation.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2012, 07:59
Aug 24, 2012, 07:59
Not a buy, but a gift:

Gene Clark 'Flying High' (Anthology).

There's some absolutely stunning stuff on this. I was completely unaware of his solo material until I heard this, even though I love The Byrds. Hearing this collection was an amazing revelation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXuuJ9aZswA
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 08:16
There's a biography out on him called Mr Tambourine Man by John Einarson who wrote/edited the Arthur Lee one Forever Changes. I've had it for a few months but been distracted by other stuff so not read it yet.

Should be great though if that Forever Changes & the Buffalo Springfield one I read by him are anything to go by.

Stevo
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 08:41
Thanks Stevo.

The Love is excellent, so I'll track this down. Not sure about the new Rogan Byrds one - one heck of a tome!
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 08:52
You have to get hold of White Light next, which is an amazing album.
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 08:59
Latest purchases are:

Blakk Metal - like someone else on here said, I think that the sound of the concept might be better than the actual execution, although I am still persevering with it.

Om - Adviatic Songs - Brilliant, and looking forward to seeing them on the forthcoming tour.

Ozzy - Randy Rhoads Tribute - 'cos I didn't own it and it was going cheap in a charity shop. Some great versions of classic early Ozzy materials.

The Cosmic Dead - The Exhalted King. Cassette album bought at recent gig. Bloody great.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 09:51
Thanks. I'll definitely get it. I'm on a major Gene Clark trip at the moment. I've also got Two Sides To Every Story and the Live At The Mountain Stage bootleg.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2012, 10:18
Aug 24, 2012, 10:18
Astralcat wrote:
Not a buy, but a gift:

There's some absolutely stunning stuff on this. I was completely unaware of his solo material until I heard this, even though I love The Byrds. Hearing this collection was an amazing revelation.

Agreed. Even the previously unreleased stuff on that anthology is great. Of all the ex-members he had by far the most productive post-Byrds career. "No Other" in particular is still worth buying in its own right, though - it works best when played back to back as a coherent album rather than just a flat collection of songs.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 10:19
Popel Vooje wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
Not a buy, but a gift:

Agreed. Even the previously unreleased stuff on that anthology is great. Of all the ex-members he had by far the most productive post-Byrds career. "No Other" in particular is still worth buying in its own right, though - it works best when played back to back as a coherent album rather than just a flat collection of songs.

Cheers Popel - I'm on the case.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Aug 24, 2012, 10:24
one thing l should point out, on at least one online bookshop l was checking for his books there were multiple spelling variations.
I think there was -nar-, -ner-, -nor- as well as -son and -sen.
So looking by title and subject may be better.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index