Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 4 December 2011 CE
Dec 05, 2011, 20:52
Stevo wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:

The Golden Dawn - A Power Plant
Magnificent, classic Texas psych, and definitely not mere Elevators knock-offs - a misperception that was only caused by International Artists holdiong up its release so that they could put out "Easter Eveywhere" first
(even though it was recorded afterwards). Maybe this will one day get the deluxe edition mono/stereo treatment that IA are currently lavishing on the Elevators and the Red Crayola.

Have been wondering about the recent reissue of this set since I love the lp. Was it just the 13FE mastertapes finally located or is this in better sound than the Get Back reissue?
Love the lysergic Monkees pop of a lot of this though my first contact with the band was the Starvation on the Radarscope e.p. of IA stuff

Stevo

Ah, I didn't realise this had been re-issued again until I reafd your post. The get Back Cd is the one I have - it sounds ok, better than any of the pre-deluxe edition Elevators re-issues. Fropm what I've read, the second half of the mono master for "The Parable of Arabal Land" was found along with the Elevators master tapes, but side 1 had to be mastered from vinyl. Sonic Boom did it and it sounds pretty good, albeit lacking some of the trippy panning effects on the stereo.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index