Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 6 November 2011 CE

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Nov 06, 2011, 18:13
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 6 November 2011 CE
Nov 06, 2011, 18:12
Ooh. Thanks for the thumbs up, there! What a funny aspect to the day yesterday, eh? Both of us had sneaked a copy of our sonic dabblings into a parcel - and both received them on the same day. Shame yours was utterly crap, though.

Nah. Not really! I've gotta say; the Black Tempest Moon Cat collaboration* has some serious mileage. Straight up. I love Squid's wildness, yet sorta holding-it-all-together electronica and production and bouncing off that your (frankly) bonkers guitar row. Yin & Wang!!!

We've had a busy few days here, so it's only been played once - and a bit, but I am really looking forward to giving it a proper airing once I'm ahem properly prepared.

That 'Get The Blessing' CD is really good, too. Here's a vocalised version of the title track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAuI43GupQI

*Black Cat?

Black Moon? (Ooh, I'm liking that!!!)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 18:22
Glad you liked the CD's. I thought Get The Blessing would tickle your ivories. Pleased you didn't already own it too! If you like that you will like the first album I'm sure.

Glad you liked the Squid/Cat noises too. That was a lot of fun (and beer cans and furtive puffs on the viranda as it were). Hopefully we'll get to do it again - Squids toys are LUSH- and this time I might have more of an idea of what I'm doing instead of being dazzled by buttons and knobs (!).

Great to hear your stuff in my pod too. There's some lovely stuff going on. In fact, if I may be so bold, there seems to be more of a complimentary vibe of playing with as opposed against each other that could be sniffed a bit in the previous band whose name we do not mention. Cohesive grooviness with spacey flourishes you might say. Well, I might say anyhoo..
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 19:41
Sunroof! / Clouds

Moon Duo / Mazes

Mammatus / The Coast Explodes

Ancestors / Neptune With Fire

Boris / Akuma no Uta

Mangrove / Endless Skies

Electric Wizard / Dopethrone

Brutus / ST

Psychic Ills / Dins

Slomo / The Creep

Hills / Master Sleeps

USX / The Valley Path

You / Electric Day

Causa Sui / Summer Sessions

Sunn o))) / Black One

Hypnos 69 / Timeline Traveller

Splinterskin / Wayward Souls

Smoke Fairies / Through Low Light & Trees

Goliath / Hot Rock & Thunder

Steve Hillage / Green

HTRK / Nostalgia

Amplifier / The Octopus

Embryo / Rache

Ragnarök / Path

Second Hand / Death May Be Your Santa Claus

Galahad / Live in Poland

Areknamés / In Case of Loss...

VdGG / Aerosol Grey Machine

Mr. Brown / Mellan Tre Ögon

Libra / Musica & Parole

Human Instinct / Pins in It

Nosferatu / ST

Electric Sandwich / ST

Missus Beastly / ST

The Mr. Albert Show / Warm Motor

Mammut / ST
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 20:19
Moon Cat wrote:
Glad you liked the CD's. I thought Get The Blessing would tickle your ivories. Pleased you didn't already own it too! If you like that you will like the first album I'm sure.

Glad you liked the Squid/Cat noises too. That was a lot of fun (and beer cans and furtive puffs on the viranda as it were). Hopefully we'll get to do it again - Squids toys are LUSH- and this time I might have more of an idea of what I'm doing instead of being dazzled by buttons and knobs (!).

Hah! You know you're welcome any time. Do let me know if you're going to be in the vicinity. Same goes for KC btw.
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 21:13
A(nother) killer list, Ming. I've gotta get a copy of the new Bevis Frond ASAP. I've definitely had it near the top of my wantlist but you saying its AOTY stuff pushes it to the top.
I was wondering about the Pewt'r Sessions by Causa Sui... did you get it on cd? I thought it was vinyl only... fingers crossed they put it out on disc!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 21:19
redfish365 wrote:
A(nother) killer list, Ming. I've gotta get a copy of the new Bevis Frond ASAP. I've definitely had it near the top of my wantlist but you saying its AOTY stuff pushes it to the top.
I was wondering about the Pewt'r Sessions by Causa Sui... did you get it on cd? I thought it was vinyl only... fingers crossed they put it out on disc!

I've just got a copy of the Bevis Frond after Ming's recommendation, and although I wasn't sure at first it is growing on me like a growy thing - I reckon this is going to be a long term favourite. Ace! Thanks Ming.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 21:51
T-Rex - Bolan Boogie

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

Matt Berry - Witchazel

XTC - Explode Together (The Dub experiments)

Moon Duo - Horror Tour EP

Hawkwind - Leave No Star Unturned

Psychic Dancehall - Dreamers

Woods Family Creeps - S/T

Jesus And Mary Chain - Peel Sessions

Kosmonaut - The Dilation Of Mother Cosmos

Prince Rama - Trust Now

Vinyl Williams - Lemniscate

Religious Knives - Smokescreen

Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow

Various - Not Not Fun compilation

Various - Moss

other stuff.

Whilst sitting for a younger client become hooked on a crappy cartoon called 'Regular Show' on Cartoon Network.
Typical slacker humour, but daffy enough to keep me interested.
Fav' episode so far 'Death Kwon Do'

Have a good week y'all!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 22:04
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 22:38
In no particular order -

Bo Diddley - His Best.

Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness. Right time of year.

Budgie - In For The Kill, Never Turn Your Back On A Friend. My fave Tony with a guitar this week.

Candidate - Taking On The Enemy's Sound.

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla.

Kevin Coyne - Sign Of The Times.

Lumerians - Transmalinnia. Brings once more what Clinic used to add to that Motorik sound that is everywhere(ish) again. Just when I thought I was getting bored with this kind of thing.

Magma - Attahk, Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh. Dealing with real headfuck union business. For some reason these help me focus.

Mercury Rev - Deserter's Songs, See You On The Other Side.

Motorpsycho - Heavy Metal Fruit. Trumps Opeths' Heritage in the great Scandinavian neo prog stakes.

The The - Infected, Soul Mining. Don't know why.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Nov 06, 2011, 23:47
redfish365 wrote:

I'll be honest, I recently gave away my turntable so I nabbed this from the links kindly posted by a nameless HHer.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index