Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 October 2011 CE

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 October 2011 CE
Oct 10, 2011, 14:38
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

The Sisters of Mercy- Feel No Pain (The SSV Project) - Eldritch's unreleased "just drop me already!" spoiler album to Warners from 1998. No drums, spitting synths, whispered vocals. I actually really like it- like a bad vibe antitode to late 90s chillout music, somewhere between early Tangerine Dream and contemporary Emeralds / Ohneotrix Point Never. Would've made a good second Sisterhood LP

I've got a digital copy of this somewhere, must dig it out again as it's most enjoyable, shme it was never released , would have really annoyed the goths, also on a goth tip this week I have been listening to

Bauhaus - Mask
SunnO))) - Black One
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings
Flaming Groovies - Teenage Head
Pink Floyd - Obscured By The Clouds
The Muppet Show - download of the music from the first series, most enjoyable in a music hall kinda way and very catchy, one play of Manah Manah had the whole house singing it for the rest of the week
Ga'an - ST bit of a grower this one, found it a bit ornate at first but it's wheedling itself into my brain, also appears to be wildly obscure as tape then vinyl release so I'll stick to the mp3
Eleh - Radiant Intervals whilst I can appreciate the mechanics behind Eleh I still find them as dull as ditchwater and just as cold, this one at least has some ''glitch fly'' sounds, but I cannot really recommend it otherwise, a drone too far
Delphic Vapours - Get Off Their Knees
Klaus Schulze - La Vie Electronique 1 & 3 most of my listening has been to these, wonderful listening, especially Vol3, looking forward to vols 2,4 & 5 by which time I suspect Schulze will have swallowed up all my listening time
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index