The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 October 2011 CE
Oct 09, 2011, 14:29
drewbhoy wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
tjj did a post about that on FB. Top chap, inspiring children with music and poetry. Mind you, he is a fellow Celt, Drew.... ;-)

In more ways than one! We did the poetry thing in a couple schools that I work in as well. I brought some of the other Waterboys stuff as well so hopefully mums and dads will be being pestered to buy an album or two. Funnily enough I accidentally played tracks by a couple of other Scottish bands I quite like.

Careful now Drew. Folk may get the wrong imprsession. I mean, I know how easy it is for your Simple Minds and Glasvegas cds to accidentally fall out their cases and get themselves played amongst a bunch of Waterboys tracks. It could happen to anyone who strokes white persian cats and plans to take over the world by subliminally hypnostising an entire generation of Scottish children to rise up and do his evil bidding upon hearing certain tracks by Simple Minds and Glasvegas that act as unconscious triggers. It could happen to anyone....

Glasvegas was one, Boards Of Canada the other. Once they have been really good I'll dig out the Simple Minds (Inverness is on at the mo, The American is brilliant imo)

This is a good thing tho, Mike Scott often appears at local schools especially in Huntly. I know Mr Kerr is planning something similar for some Glasgow schools, Fran Healy (from Travis) did something similar a couple of years back. Good to see these guys give something back.

Boards Of Canada! Excellent work my friend.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index