redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 September 2011 CE
Sep 27, 2011, 15:12
mingtp wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
Diamond Head / Borrowed Time

Redfish, you would officially "win" Soundtracks this week if such a thing were possible!

What a classic. Still remember buying that on cassette as a callow youth in about 1985.

Nice list again this week btw mate.

Thanks Ming!
Luckily its not a contest! (Too much pressure!)
God, Borrowed Time! I bought it the moment I was able to... a week or so after it was released... based on the incredible strength of their 4-track EP Four Cuts. Funny story, I think I mentioned it here before, that I played the track Call Me to death. I shared a room (and a stereo) with my brother Mike who told me that my constant playing of Call Me had him within seconds of killing me in my sleep. He evidently didn't hear in it what I did! Anyway, I bought Canterbury when it came out and then kinda moved on from old Diamond Head. Playing this now reminds me of other bands I was big into at the time like The Rods, Anvil, Demon and of course Judas Priest and Sabbath... and Cirith Ungol's Frost & Fire album. We used to call the drummer for Cirith Ungol and shoot the shit with him as the phone # on the Frost & Fire lyric sheet rang at his home. Ah to be young with too much time!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index