52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Sep 26, 2011, 14:48
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 September 2011 CE
Sep 26, 2011, 14:47
Hail! \m/

This weeks listening in the catpod has mostly been dominated by...

Opeth - Heritage. Mikael A and the boys go for the full prog on this. Loving it and who know's where they go from here?!

also listened to...

Wolfcrusher* - Virgin Tapestry. Very enjoyable Mancunian mix of death metal and stoneresque groove rock. Could do with a few more classic riffs as it were, but a fine, fun debut that gets the blood rushing about a bit.

*no, I haven't made that up!

Super Furry Animals - Dark Days & Light Years. Excellent stuff. I thought the previous album was a little slight in comparison to previous works. I don't think SFA are capable of making a bad record per se, but the last album almost seemed to be saying that Gruff Rhys was spreading his considerable talents a bit thin. This, on the other hand, is back to the SFA best IMO.

Salif Keita - Koro. Hampered by 80's blats and parpings but nice afro groovement anyway.

Vangelis - Heaven & Hell. Larve it.

DVD
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter. a Companion piece to the main film and an animated adaptation of the infamous comic-within-a-comic in Watchmen. Narrated by Gerard Butler fact fans. It also comes with a 'televised' version of Hollis "Original Nite-Owl" Mason's biog "Under The Hood" using a mix of 'interview' and 'documentary' styles to bring the book (within a ...) to life. Really good!!

have a nice week tune tasters x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index