Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: HH Contributors' Bands
May 30, 2011, 22:23
Sounder wrote:
We'd be up for it depending on dates + if there's room on the bill. Squid - where do you live? We're from Southampton so we're daaan saaaarf too!

I'm in Surrey, near Guildford.
texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

May 30, 2011, 22:31
Sounds like fun to me.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

May 31, 2011, 08:29
We could bring the PA, would be a great help if there was a shared drum kit though, & maybe a bass amp, that would make it a damn sight easier!
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

May 31, 2011, 08:50
meurglys III wrote:
We could bring the PA, would be a great help if there was a shared drum kit though, & maybe a bass amp, that would make it a damn sight easier!

We can do that up to point. Drums certainly. The harp, keys, horns and associated outboard for our lot is all bespoke so we would be a pain to deal with. That said we can usually get everything up and soundchecked in 30-40 minutes.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Edited May 31, 2011, 09:21
May 31, 2011, 09:20
Although I love the sound of this, I think I should probably not get involved, as I'm suffering from some vague form of agraphobia, and I'm even doubtful I'll make my slot at the Supernormal festival in August TBH. I'm having a bit of a hard time with this at the moment, and it is hard to come to terms with.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

May 31, 2011, 09:29
Shit, sorry to hear this Squid. Lots of vibes going your way x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

May 31, 2011, 09:33
Thanks Toni. It isn't too bad really as long as I stay in my comfort zone. I'm really bricking it about the gig though, so beginning to wonder if it is worth all the fear!

There are a lot of people much worse off than me!
Toni Torino
2299 posts

May 31, 2011, 09:56
A few years ago when I had some "issues", I suffered from anxiety, I could only go to certain places and back home again. I couldn't even go to my mum's! I managed to stay for 30 minutes then I was back on my way home. I surreally remember punching myself in the head at the Tax Office in Milton Keynes.

Think of yourself first and foremost Squid and try find someone to talk to if you're able.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

May 31, 2011, 10:09
These are mere details. All that will be tackled and sorted closer to the date. As long as drummers bring breakables my kit might suffice.

This one will be about the musicians. Bands getting their fair shout, pulling together and being happy - rather than rushing and compromising for the convenience of lazy promoters.

I intend to have some sort of set dressing, too.

I'm just trying to set up a meeting. I think I have weblinks for most bands to play sample tracks and peruse biogs, should I need to demonstrate anything like pulling power or cool value (or whatever).
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

May 31, 2011, 10:19
meurglys III wrote:
We could bring the PA...

There is a house PA, mixing desk and monitors. However, I need to check on the actual spec - so, if you can mail me details of what you've got, I can compare to see whether you need to bring anything to max up the gear.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index