Great Commercial Suicide Albums

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Great Commercial Suicide Albums
May 13, 2011, 17:36
Moon Cat wrote:
I'll also throw in my vote for Six's greatness. Not played it in ages so I'll dig it out later. I enjoyed the debut but was delighted with the absurdity of Six. What are the members doing now I wonder?

Blondie tribute bands and speedway apparently!

According to wikipedia...

"Following the split, Draper worked with ex-Skunk Anansie singer Skin, appearing on her album Fake Chemical State, and in 2009 worked with The Joy Formidable on their free download-only single "Greyhounds In The Slips". Draper has reportedly been working on solo material since the band split, but despite repeated claims of sending out new material via his mailing list, nothing has yet been heard from this proposed project.

Rathbone formed "Seraphim" with Jonti Thackray with whom he had been in bands with prior to Mansun, briefly joined Blondie tribute band "Into The Bleach", and has gone on to become a drum teacher.

Neither Chad nor King have been involved in the music business since the split, though in 2004 in a press release for "Kleptomania", Draper announced that he had started writing with Chad again, but later admitted that Chad had stopped turning up for sessions and that he doubted the partnership would continue. King had reportedly begun a career in Speedway racing."

I also remember an interview with Paul Draper a few years ago, where he said one of the other members ripped them off and was now working at a factory in Deeside but I can't find anything on the net about it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index