Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Great Commercial Suicide Albums
May 13, 2011, 14:48
keith a wrote:
Fatalist wrote:

Fair enough, maybe I should revisit it :-) though my girlfriend at the time took it back to the shop... But I reckon it's also fair to say that Mansun went from being great white hopes to a band without any noticeable legacy (ironically, given their song of that name) pretty quickly.

I played it after my post last night. I love it, Fatalist - there's some great tunes there. A very melodic album when it comes down to it. I never heard the 4th album that was eventually released as part of a boxset after they'd split.

It's a real shame that Draper has, the odd moment here and there apart, all but disappeared. There always seems to be reports of an album but I don't think one has ever actually materialised.

I really like Little Kix too. I just love the guy's voice. It's a bit Spandau smooth in parts but there is something about them that strikes me as being genuine and heartfelt rather than a bunch of careerist rock n roll zeitgeist bandwagon chasers.

In terms of career invisibility I have a theory that Draper has formed a band with the Blue Nile and Mark Hollis. That would be enough to make even the most hirsute of a&r men reach for the Rogaine ...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index