Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
When did you get in touch with Julian Cope music?

88 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Re: When did you get in touch with Julian Cope music?
Jul 14, 2010, 10:15
In the early summer of '97, i was 17. I remember first reading about him on Jim DeRogatis's Kaleidoscope Eyes book (supposedly about 'psychedelic' music.) and found him very intriguing (there was the picture of him with the 'mohawk' crawling on some mound!). I'd just took some acid for the first time(s), was listening to Doors, Velvets, Joy Div, Wire etc. and was just discovering Syd's Floyd, Elevators, MC5, Stooges & Funkadelic + The Kraut side of things etc etc. So when i found Floored Genius it soon led me to get Interpreter (which was the freshest of his releases i could find in here. Also at the same time remember browsing KRS at Digelius record store in Helsinki while listening to Cosmic Jokers cd's and remember reading from there that 'Schwingungen' was a life changing experience for him and being way impressed/convinced. I tried to buy the book from there after awhile but it was already gone. Fortunately found it later..). And i was a goner after that, i started to chronologically collect all the albums. Then around 2000 i found this site and ordered a big box of stuff that i didn't yet have (inc. Modern Antiquarian and Head-On/Repossessed). And then, started to check out the AOTM's after coupla years.
There was no return...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index