Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
When did you get in touch with Julian Cope music?

88 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: When did you get in touch with Julian Cope music?
Jul 12, 2010, 12:38
Another late starter I guess - my musical birth probably came around 89-90 so by 91 was fumbling around thinking there must be more to the world than baggy, house and shoegaze (not that I had a problem with those genres, just a thirst for eclectism) and my epiphany happened when I saw JC on Jonathan Ross performing Beautiful Love with Donn-eye on the doubleneck Gibson attempting to play the bass and guitar parts at the same time. Yeah! What's not to like! Went to my local record emporium with my last £5.50 in my pocket hoping, nay praying that the rumoured double-album at a single price tag on Peggy Suicide would hold true - and it did! Good job really! Never looked back and by the time Floored Genius came out I'd shed eager blood, sweat and pounds securing the entire back-catalogue including the rare and at that time bloody expensive, World Shut Your Mouth and Skellington albums (thanks to Vinyl Exchange in Manchester for those two beauties). Not only that but the tastes and rock n roll name drops of Julian had set me forth on a psychedelic voyage of discovery from which I've never truly returned!
I still remember heady, blissed out days at school with a new Copey prize in my hands every other week being asked by my stuck-in-the-mud non-psychedelic Madchester mates 'Julian Cope? Is that the guy from the eighties with the funny mike stand? or 'The 13th Floor Elevators, are they like Pink Floyd?'. Huh?. Well, alright!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index