Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
When did you get in touch with Julian Cope music?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Re: When did you get in touch with Julian Cope music?
Jul 14, 2010, 13:04
First time around, Mark? Wellcome!
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jul 14, 2010, 13:18
"The Shroud of ..... Somewhere"
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 16, 2010, 15:56
Vybik Jon wrote:
, but I was a heavy metal boy and that was my tribe then and for some years after. ...

And by Odin, you still better be!!!

\m/
marinade
marinade
306 posts

Jul 16, 2010, 17:18
When I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKegxhtJEk&feature=youtu.be

all those long long long years ago.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jul 16, 2010, 19:46
mark kmiotek wrote:
My grandmother bought me a copy of Wilder because she thought the flowers on the album sleeve were a safe bet in contrast to the other rubbish on display.It's quite funny coz when I bought Fried a few years later,I had no record player'so went straight round hers to copy it onto audio cassette,she asked me to to turn it off and leave 3/4,s way through reynard.I imediately new then that it was a cool album.It's now 30 or so years gone by and He's still got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps she would have been okay with Power Corruption and Lies too...
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Jul 16, 2010, 21:14
LOL
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Jul 17, 2010, 00:24
I must say that Common Era was very instrumental in furthering along my deep appreciation of Julian. I can't say more, and I'll never be able to say enough. So much thanks and love to all the HH fans out there...
...also following the Cope trail opened the door to garage rock and Krautrock...stuff I never heard before. I was too into the eclectic and high brow stature of of rock godism...Zep Jimi Floyd, and writers Townshend, Lennon, Davies etc...too much that I never gave Stooges or raw rock a honest shot. But Roky, 13th Floor Popol Vuh....they all came into my life, and have enriched me beyond belief...its been a great life full of awesome discoveries.
LunarTunes
107 posts

Jul 17, 2010, 01:59
I wish I had as accurate a memory as some of you! I REALLY started collecting records around 1989. I'd go on shopping binges at used vinyl stores and grab stuff that interested me either as something I was collecting or had heard about. Hearing The Velvet Underground for the first time was life-changing. So it's possible that I heard about Julian somewhere and had something of his earlier than my first real memory: purchasing AUTOGEDDON when it came out. I don't know why I did. Often back then (as now, actually) I'll hear about something and file it away in some mental list, only to eventually check it out years later. So that could have been the case with Julian. Or I may have read a review and thought it sounded right up my alley. Either way, that's the first one I remember and since then I've been on this ride, too. And it's been interesting and exciting for 15 years now...

Peace.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index