mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: Jane Weaver
Jun 14, 2010, 13:02
Just ordered a couple of earlier albums because they were cheap on Amazon:

-Like an aspen leaf
-We are modern

I'll let you know what they're like as soon as they arrive, mate.

Her 7 Day Smile album had this blurb which was news to me:

"...Serving her apprenticeship in the mid-nineties girl-guitar-pop outfit Kill Laura, Weaver would go on to front Twisted Nerve's Misty Dixon and release her critically acclaimed solo mini-album, "Like An Aspen Leaf".

• It was, however, somewhere in-between that she secured a record deal with Mancunian music maverick Rob Gretton's Manchester Records. Working and playing live with the likes of Andy Votel, Badly Drawn Boy and Doves, the latter would help her to record a number of acclaimed singles and a debut solo album. However, when Rob Gretton sadly died his label went with him and the album never saw the light of day - until now!

• At last, available for the first time on the brand new Cherry Red Records imprint, Bird Records, "Seven Day Smile" – Jane Weaver's debut album proper featuring the effable talents of Doves as backing band ...
... and production from Andy Votel (Twisted Nerve). "

Had heard of both Kill Laura and Misty Dixon, and had no idea she fronted both. I did hear a rumour (and that may be all it is) that she and Andy Votel were romantically linked. D'ya know owt about that mate?

The thick plottens...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index