34 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 12, 2010, 23:58
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 6 June 2010 CE
Jun 12, 2010, 22:22
Danielle Dax - The Jesus Egg That Wept (Warped Gothic Post-Punk Pop)

V.A. - Nigeria Special: Modern Highlife, Afro Sounds & Nigerian Blues (20+ Jazz-Funk Greats- if I did an Album of the Month, this'd be on it)

Speed, Glue & Shinki - Eve (Overachieving underachievers)

The Ivytree - Winged Leaves (Fuzzy Lo-fi Damaged folk from the Jewelled Antler collective)

DJ Screw - Bigtime Records Volume II: All Screwed Up (Dark and Screwed Up Hip-Hop)

Alan Sorrenti - Aria (Acid-Folk-Prog recommended to Tim Buckley fans)

Cardiacs - Sing to God (Pronk)

Arne Nordheim - Electric (Alien Norwegian Electro-Acoustic Music- he died a few days ago)

V.A. - African Scream Contest (Wah-Wah Funk Fest!)

John Zorn - The Circle Maker (Low-Key Chamber Jazz/Klezmer)

Augustus Pablo - East of the River Nile (I Dub Thee...)

The 6ths - Wasps Nests (Indie Guestathon from The Magnetic Fields)

Ike Yard- S/T (Electro-Industrial)

William Burroughs - Dead City Radio (Dry-throated Apocalyptic Spoken Word)

Melt Banana - Cell-Scape (Noisy Punk)

Alaistair Galbraith, Alex Neilson, Richard Youngs - Belsayer Time (Beautiful Drones)

Pixies - Doolittle (Still Perfect Surf-Punk)

Sly & The Family Stone - Small Talk (Soul-Funk LP that gets an undeserved bad rap)

Greg Ashley - Medicine Fuck Dream (Lo-Fi Psychy Singer-Songwriter Stuff)

Lars Hollmer - SOLA/Fran Natt Idag/Andetag (Addictive Swedish accordian-driven weirdness from ex-Sammla Mammas Manna member)

Steaming Coils - Breaded/Unfinished (Brilliant and catchy psyche-rock from Brad Laner and Co. All online for free: Breaded and unfinished)

The Red Army Choir (I woke up on my boat this morning to a conversation that went something like this:

Woman: "Charles, I think you put the flag up upside down."

Charles: "You might be right."

Woman: "Isn't it bad luck having the England flag upside down?"

Charles: "Yeah, it is pretty dodgy...but it'll take me half an hour to get it down again!"

Woman: "I think you should. It could be bad luck for the team."

Charles: "Why don't you do it?"

Woman: "I would if I knew how."

This went on for another ten minutes or so. I was tempted to ask them how they even knew it was upside down considering it's bloody symmetrical, but instead I played this compilation of Communist anthems by the Russian army at full volume).

EDIT: I just realised boat flags are different than regular flags. Still a silly conversation, if you ask me.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index