Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 13 June 2010 CE

34 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1053 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 13 June 2010 CE
Jun 13, 2010, 21:52
Anne Briggs - Anne Briggs. Being an A. Briggs myself, it's great to have such an influential singer as a near namesake.

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets. Playing this again made me appreciate what an unsung songwriter Richard Wright was.

Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking. Contains definitive versions of several of Dylan's Basement Tape demos.

Spring - Spring (aka American Spring). Formerly The Honeys, I've been after an original vinyl copy of this wonderful Brian Wilson-produced LP for ages, and finally got a nice US pressing at a very low price; 'Sweet Mountain' is the great lost mystical Brian Wilson composition.

Bobby Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe. Her debut album; it brilliantly reverses the law of diminishing returns by placing the title track at the end, making the handful of other songs in the same vein feel like teasers rather than (admittedly great) carbon copies.

Randy Newman - Sail Away. Bought for 50p at a car boot sale, I'd always been put off buying this album because it features 'You Can Leave Your Hat On'. I should have known that Mr Newman's version would be far more queasily palatable than Tom Jones horrible rendition.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index