Unsung Forum »
Your favourite musical instrument?

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Your favourite musical instrument?
Mar 14, 2010, 19:37
Yeah but try gettin' one to shut up when you want it to! 8^)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Mar 14, 2010, 19:39
Squid Tempest wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:
Tell us more about that particular SG. Where did you get it? Has it been modified for your own personal preferred style?

Off ebay! It's a lovely beast actually, a cherry red Standard. The bloke who sold it was a guitar tech, and he set it up beautifully to my stated requirements, for no extra cost. It was flawless and shiny until Mrs Squid dropped a music stand on it...

Tis a thing if beauty that rocks indeed. Makes you want to stand all ROCK when you grab hold of it (ooer)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Mar 14, 2010, 19:51
Mar 14, 2010, 19:47
Well, not much to choose from really. My el cheapo, black acoustic donated from a mate that was using it as a house decoration after I got a load of stuff nicked. It's a twat to play, goes out of tune when you look at it and the strings and the fretboard are so far away from each other as to be in different time zones. But, it was a lovely gift and got me back into playing again and has the advantage of, if you can make something sound ok on it, chances are it'll sound quite good on a better instrument. Plus, it's now got a white, Jimmy Page ZoSo sticker on it which looks cool.

Then my recentishly acquired gold Gibson copy which I loves and kisses just when I look at it.
hedlite
hedlite
375 posts

Mar 14, 2010, 21:43
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donratto/3170857183/in/photostream/
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Mar 14, 2010, 22:42
ooh, that's nice!
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Mar 14, 2010, 23:36
My japanese lawsuit 'Antoria' 1972 Les Paul copy electric guitar in black. Recently refurbished and restrung.

8)
machineryelf
3681 posts

Mar 15, 2010, 07:42
microwave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H3eD2DwN0o

part of a gig organised in the kitchen with my youngest son, abandoned after 17 secs because Mrs Elf told us to stop making that horrible noise.

Does she not understand that we are artists and she is the system
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 15, 2010, 13:21
My 1973 tele ...which looks like this http://www.jamesstevenson.info/images/tools/Fender%20Telecaster%20Blonde%201966%20185663.jpg

8o)
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Mar 15, 2010, 14:16
Yeah. I feel, somehow, that they look a bit nicer with a few dinks and war wounds here and there. I don't like a guitar that looks too virginal. If you catch my drift.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 15, 2010, 15:00
Kid Calamity wrote:
Yeah. I feel, somehow, that they look a bit nicer with a few dinks and war wounds here and there. I don't like a guitar that looks too virginal. If you catch my drift.

Yep my one has a gibson pickup as well as a tele pcikup and is chipped and bashed with lots of dirty finger nail scum worn into it's fretboard... I liked to bounce it of the floor back in the day when I was tripping out at gigs, cuz it made a nice vrOoOM SOUNd. It needs fixing up really.
A great guitar tho!

(((charrr)))
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index