Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Re: Your favourite musical instrument?
Mar 12, 2010, 18:08
Daminxa wrote:
Yes, that's how it SHOULD be played! :-)

bloody marvellous isn't it, never fails to lift me that tune
Lawrence
9547 posts

Mar 12, 2010, 18:40
Synths -- at least the older models because there's so much you can do with them...
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Mar 12, 2010, 21:50
The human voice. It can do just about anything.
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Mar 12, 2010, 22:58
I've got a few synths around and my favorite has to be my Moog Voyager. From some real nice presets one can twiddle and twist them into never before heard sounds of the ether. Or you can take a simple single oscillator tone and turn it into the tastiest sounds this side of Pluto.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Mar 13, 2010, 00:07
These days it's my $50 "campfire guitar" -- I've only changed the strings once in 15 years. :-)

Used to be my no-name 3/4-scale bass guitar, but after 20 years the electronics went bust and it was too expensive to bother fixing. My new bass (a proper Fender) looks cool and sounds good, but I miss that weird little thing . . .
Doody
33 posts

Mar 13, 2010, 01:27
I've had only one bass since 2002, an early Nineties Rickenbacker 4003 with black hardware and in that hideous yellow maple finish that a lot of old Ricks used to come with. My sister bought it for me, and it was beaten to hell when I got it. Over the past several years I've replaced both pickups (the neck one is now a Gibson-type humbucker à la Barry Adamson), the nut (twice), the truss rod cover, and the bridge and tailpiece assembly. The other day, I had the neck clamped and straightened, because it had looked like a banana since from the first day I had it. It's the most playable it's ever been, but it's still a pretty big piece of junk at this point.

On Monday, I pick up a brand new 4003 from my local dealer. It will be the first brand-new instrument I've ever owned. Still, I'm keeping my old bass. For one, my sister would kill me if I sold it. Also, I'm more comfortable touring with it than with a brand-new instrument. But mostly, I would feel weird if I didn't have it anymore. It's my first bass, and I've used it for so long and on so many recordings that I would miss it.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Mar 13, 2010, 01:58
redfish365 wrote:
I've got a few synths around and my favorite has to be my Moog Voyager. From some real nice presets one can twiddle and twist them into never before heard sounds of the ether. Or you can take a simple single oscillator tone and turn it into the tastiest sounds this side of Pluto.

You have a Voyager? Me jealous! I've recently got into the wonderful world of analogue synthesis via a Little Phatty, which I've grown to love dearly, but I'd love a Voyager.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Mar 13, 2010, 01:59
Has to be either the SG or the Moog. Not sure which though.

What about you KC? Which drum do you love the best?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2010, 02:13
Mar 13, 2010, 02:12
I remember The Mekons playing in Ullapool with their version of a fiddler very excellent.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Mar 13, 2010, 02:18
Vincent Bach Stradivarius Trumpet. Went to New York in 1885 to get one made and still use it yet. Sovereign Maestro Cornets and Flugels. keyboards anything Korg, still like the M1 and mother equivalents, the SP100 is an excellent stage piano, various Rolands and Yamahas. They are all set up ready to go. Practising in fairly full swing with the rest of them!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index