Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 11 October 2009 CE

36 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 11 October 2009 CE
Oct 11, 2009, 22:18
Andy Williams - "The Impossible Dream" - inspired by the Andy Williams thread elsewhere

Bit of a theme:

Bauhaus - "Bela Lugosi's Dead" 12"
The Sisters of Mercy - First & Last & Always LP
The Mission - "Serpent's Kiss" 12"

Echo & The Bunnymen - "Pictures on My Wall"/"Read It In Books"; "Rescue"/"Simple Stuff" - classic early singles, putting the new album (out tomorrow) in a pretty poor light I expect

Killing Joke - "Turn To Red"

The Chameleons - 1981 demos from The Fan & The Bellows

Gang of Four - Mall CD, finally got a copy

The Fatima Mansions - "Popemobile To Paraguay" - one of their finest, from final album Lost In The Former West

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain CD

July Skies - The English Cold CD - inspired by Battle of Britain airmen and The Durutti Column, what's not to like?

Kraftwerk - Aerodynamik Mixes CD single

Live: The Cult (Wolverhampton, Thursday), went for a comedy night out, the performance of Love in its entirety was actually pretty good, but somewhat spoiled by an interminable encore and Astbury's "wisdom". Awful support band, whose only redeeming feature was the fact they had a theremin

The Duke String Quartet (King's Place, London) - John Metcalfe led quartet is great acoustic surroundings, performing pieces by Kevin Volans and John Cage

The Durutti Column (King's Place, London) - terrific performance of Paean To Wilson instrumental pieces, plus a brief encore. One of the best Durutti gigs I've been to - haven't listened to the CD yet, but really looking forward to it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index